WiFi connection problems

yogibimbi

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I am trying to get my Xperia X10 mini with Android 1.6 to connect with my MacBook unibody running MacOS 10.6.4. For that, I have created a WEP-protected network on my Mac.

Now, if I scan for wireless networks in "Wireless Controls/Wi-Fi Settings" on my phone, I see a whole sh..load of local networks, minus the one I set up on the Mac. However, I can see that very network on, and share its internet connection effortlessly with, my iPod touch 1st gen. Also, the X10 mini connects just nicely and without complaining to the network at my work.

The network at work is WPA2 and the one on my Mac is WEP-protected. However, it doesn't change a yotta if I open the network on my Mac up completely and do not ask for any passwords.

Any ideas, suggestions, somebody who has had the same happening? The X10 is pretty new (although the android version is pretty old:-( ), so maybe there are not many out there yet.

anthonywynn

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Is the network you created a ad-hoc???

Is the network you created a ad-hoc???
If it is, android can't see ad-hoc devices until v2.2(I think)

I don't have a Mac
But I do use Windows, so when I make a network, it is a ad-hoc network. So it won't work with android

Hopes this help!!!
-Anthony