Xperia Z Pre-Order: Bad or Good Idea?

Rackstraw

Apr 6, 2009
Visit site
Searching online, I see pre-orders available for Xperia Z from non-U.S. suppliers. Is that a good way to be sure I get one or would there be problems? I can imagine it coming down in price or that a pre-ordered one would prove incompatible with American carriers.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I've gotten phones through the company that has the Xperia Z up for pre-order on eBay. Phones ship from Houston, which is nice. I plan on getting the Z, myself. It's going to be a great phone.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I want to get the sony z when it comes out, is it coming out in March and who will be the carrier for the new sony? thanks steve

I would guess AT&T will bring this phone in if any of carriers in the USA does get it? If T-Mo will bring this phone in? I will jump from Sprint in a second.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I can only hope they're going to get it. They haven't had the greatest track record for getting high end devices since I've been with them. But if its Samsung, they'll probably get it or have it. I'm hoping this year changes so that they have a better selection of devices this year. Last year was extremely disappointing as I'd hoped we would get high end devices from other oems. Since Tmobile is getting the Iphone this year, hopefully they'll start to get other high end devices that will compete against. I'd love for Tmo to get it. I would probably choose this device over the M7 since i've never had Sony device. This appears to be a premium made device. Its between this Xperia Z, the M7 and whatever the X phone turns out to be.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I want to get the sony z when it comes out, is it coming out in March and who will be the carrier for the new sony? thanks steve

The Xperia Z is supposed to launch at the end of February, but there is no timetable for when the U.S. carriers will launch it, or if they will even carry it at all. There's also the possibility they will opt to carry the variant, the ZL, instead.

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA