My Xperia Tipo Dual freezes and reboots randomly. Please help.

bagho

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
My Sony Xperia Tipo Dual freezes randomly, or gets into an infinite bootloop. The only solution is battery pullout, which becomes extremely problematic while I'm travelling or at work, requiring to do a quick call. Everytime I reflash the phone with Flashtool or do a factory reset, it works flawlessly for 3-4 days. But after 3-4 days, the problem arises again. Like, I'm going to dial, the screen freezes. It sometimes freezes or falls into a bootloop, even while in my pocket. This happens even without any extra software installed.

When it freezes, no switch works. Battery pullout is the only solution.

The funniest thing is, while the phone is frozen or in a bootloop, if I dial both the SIMs from some other phone, I hear my SIMs ringing, but my phone doesn't ring or register any missed call. The device shows active and connected in WiFi router and responds to ping. That means it is working in the background.

I have tried the following:

Flashing to 11.0.A.6.5 and reflashed many times with Flashtool.
Cleared Dalvik Cache.
Kept CPU frequency constant at 800, 600, 480, 245 MHz (disabling the C4 state).
Removed SD card and tried using only internal memory.

But to no avail. The problem repeats 3-4 days after factory reset or flashing and happens several times a day. I have visited the service center 5 times. They only do a factory reset and give it back to me. I suffer the same problem after 3-4 days.

Why is this happening after 3-4 days of flashing/factory reset? Why does it work so well in the first 3-4 days? I have used it without any extra software installed. Still why does this happen? I am totally disgusted. Could you please help?

Thank you so much.

:)

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hard to tell, really. Sounds like that phone needs a kernel update. Are there any updates for the Tipo on Sony's website? Also, are you using the default CPU govenor and settings?

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

bagho

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much for your reply. The default governor has two frequencies viz., 800 MHz and 245 MHz. I have tried using Antutu CPU master to set ondemand, which scales at 800, 600, 480, 245, 122 MHz. But the freezing and reboot bootloop problems are still there.

EDIT: I already have flashed the latest version of generic firmware. :)

Last edited:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Usually the random reboots are solved with firmware updates and default CPU govenor, tbh. I'm stumped. Have you seen any documentation of these issues for the Tipo?

I don't know what else to tell you.

bagho

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Usually the random reboots are solved with firmware updates and default CPU govenor, tbh. I'm stumped. Have you seen any documentation of these issues for the Tipo?

I don't know what else to tell you.

Thank you very much, for your time and concern, Sir. :)

I have never heard these issues for Tipo Dual, except a rare case in the internet, which said that the phone freezes if an app of >6MB is installed. My friend has never faced this kind of problem with his Tipo (Not Dual). I envy him. LOL!

tusharagg11

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
:'( boss same problem with my tipo dual... please reffer me what to do with this dumbo smartfone... :'(

- - - Updated - - -

boss same problem with my tipo dual... please reffer me what to do with this dumbo smartfone...

am241

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
My phone will reboot several times a day! It made me very angry. PLEASE HELP
Sony tipo dual
Build num 11.0.A.6.8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34