Hi!

I'm a newbie android user and this is my first time using an android phone. So I got a hand-me-down sony ericsson x10 from my sister and when she gave it to me, it was still running on the original firmware when she got which was 1.6. So when i used it it said there was an update for the phone. I tried to do it OTA via wifi but it told me that i needed to connect the phone to a computer. Before connecting to a computer, i did a quick google on what the latest official firmware was for the x10 and most of what I have seen is 2.3. So I was surprised when I was trying to update via PC Companion that it was trying to put in 3.something. Then I got an error and said it failed to download the software. But when I click in "Retry" it wouldn't do anything anymore. The battery was at 80% when I started and it said it needed to be at least at 50% Now, the phone stays off, when i try to turn it on it just vibrates, the led light flashes really quick then nothing happens. And i have to remove the battery to get it to happen again. When i connect it to the computer with the back button pressed, the led goes green but its not recognized by the computer. I connected it to the charger and i get a steady green light.

I tried searching thru the forums for a newbie guide but most of what i've found showed me things about rooting and most of the terms i'm not really familiar with.

I would appreciate any help. Thank you
    03-29-2013 03:08 PM
    Did it fail out of the blue?
    Seems weird.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums
    03-29-2013 05:03 PM
    thanks for the response. we had a power outage and i didn't have the battery of laptop plugged in.

its ok now though, spent a couple more hours reading. my main problem now is how to transfer the contacts from my bb to the android. all searches point to google sync which is no longer supported on bb.
    SpiralBorg likes this.
    03-31-2013 07:30 AM