Dear community

Yesterday I bought a Sony Xperia T and I wanted to delete some pre-installed apps with Cleaner app. Unfortunantly, I also accidentally deleted the 'Contact' and 'Phone' app. And now I'm asking if there is a way to retrieve them back.

I would be very appreciated if someone would help me to resolve this problem.

I tried to set the phone into factory settings trough settings, back-up and reset, reset factory settings but still no result :/

I downloaded the Contacts+ app but when I tried to create a new contact or to add a phone number of someone, it says that it couldn't find an application for this action.
    08-05-2013 07:34 AM
    Dear community

Yesterday I bought a Sony Xperia T and I wanted to delete some pre-installed apps with Cleaner app. Unfortunantly, I also accidentally deleted the 'Contact' and 'Phone' app. And now I'm asking if there is a way to retrieve them back.

I would be very appreciated if someone would help me to resolve this problem.

I tried to set the phone into factory settings trough settings, back-up and reset, reset factory settings but still no result :/

I downloaded the Contacts+ app but when I tried to create a new contact or to add a phone number of someone, it says that it couldn't find an application for this action.
    Welcome to the forums!
    I think the only way to bring those back is to reflash the original ROM.
    08-05-2013 09:56 AM
    And how do I reflash the original ROM?
    08-05-2013 10:25 AM
    And how do I reflash the original ROM?
    Being a Sony, I am not sure. You can try looking at the other threads here, or XDA might have something too.
    08-05-2013 10:44 AM
    Being a Sony, I am not sure. You can try looking at the other threads here, or XDA might have something too.
    What or who is XDA?
    08-05-2013 11:10 AM
    What or who is XDA?
    Android forum. Xdadevelopers .com

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-05-2013 11:43 AM
    Last question: What does reflash the original ROM mean? What does a ROM do? Sorry for not knowing so much about Android
    08-05-2013 11:48 AM
    Last question: What does reflash the original ROM mean? What does a ROM do? Sorry for not knowing so much about Android
    Its OK. A ROM is an OS version. Like Windows or iOS. Reflashing the ROM should bring back the apps you deleted.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-05-2013 12:42 PM
    Okay thanks, I will restore my smartphone to Stock Firmware. That should bring my Phone and Contacts apps back right?

Here is the site: Unroot Xperia T
    08-05-2013 01:06 PM
    Okay thanks, I will restore my smartphone to Stock Firmware. That should bring my Phone and Contacts apps back right?

Here is the site: Unroot Xperia T
    It should. You have an Xperia T right?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-05-2013 01:41 PM
    It should. You have an Xperia T right?

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Yes and btw, where do I find the dialler since I don't have the Contact and Phone app? I searched on google where to find it but I only see links of the definition of dialler. I need to find it so I can write *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
    08-05-2013 01:51 PM
    And what if I downgrade my Xperia? Maybe that should bring the contacts and phone app back? Or does it require an unlocked boot loader? Or maybe there is a ROM with locked bootloader? If I download custom ROM, will that bring those contacts and phone app back?

Sorry, I'm a newbie of Android :/
    08-05-2013 02:17 PM
    And what if I downgrade my Xperia? Maybe that should bring the contacts and phone app back? Or does it require an unlocked boot loader? Or maybe there is a ROM with locked bootloader? If I download custom ROM, will that bring those contacts and phone app back?

Sorry, I'm a newbie of Android :/
    Well, any custom or stock ROM will bring those apps back. So if you can root, and flash a stock ROM that works too.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-05-2013 04:09 PM
    Well, any custom or stock ROM will bring those apps back. So if you can root, and flash a stock ROM that works too.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    Okay thanks man I very appreciate it.
    08-05-2013 05:08 PM
    Okay thanks man I very appreciate it.
    If you are unsure of anything ask before doing. We are here to help.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-05-2013 06:06 PM
    YES FINNALY!!!! I've got the contacts and phone app back!!
    Here's what I've done: I just made a new service update from the official sony website XD

And Golfdriver, thanks for giving me some knowledge about ROM, Stock, etc...
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    08-06-2013 04:39 AM
    YES FINNALY!!!! I've got the contacts and phone app back!!
    Here's what I've done: I just made a new service update from the official sony website XD

And Golfdriver, thanks for giving me some knowledge about ROM, Stock, etc...
    No sweat. Glad you are fully up and running again. Thanks for posting your solution.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.
    08-06-2013 07:25 AM
    How do I put the phone back on my phone?
    09-03-2015 10:09 PM