lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
So the update to 2.1 was supposed to start today. Anyone with the X10 get the 2.1 update today?

I got a friend on AT&T who is considering this phone. He has asked me all kinds of questions, only thing I told him was there are other options and if you really want the X10, wait until the 2.1 update is done and see how the phone is afterwards.

So any info?

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Has 2.1 improved the phone as much as people were thinking it would? Obviously it isn't going to be a top of the line phone, but compared to most of AT&T's options it seems like the best choices are this and the Captivate.

naplesbill

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
The improvement with 2.1 is pretty massive. The overall performance has improved and it seems that battery life is better as well. The MediaScape and TimeScape apps are a little better but mostly the same. There is another update coming in Q1 that will update these aspects of the phone.

There is also a custom AOSP ROM being developed. It is still in Alpha but they are making good progress on it:

X10 Custom ROM AOSP - xda-developers

The majority of the improvements in 2.1 on the X10 are thanks to 2.1. You can now use apps like Skype and Twitter. Angry Birds works very well with 2.1 also.