Headphone jack

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Some people have mentioned that the location of the headphone jack is not in the greatest location. Its located on the left side at the very top.
At first, I would have totally agreed. I have an ipod touch, location is on the bottom. This is good while you hold the device, or slip it in your pocket. Same with the DroidX, but its on the top which I prefer even more.
So what was Sony Ericsson thinking when they put it on the side? Well I think I know. In landscape mode while using the controller to play games, its actually in the perfect spot. Anywhere else it would be in the way. Now because they have it at the very top on the side, it actually won't be too bad while sitting in your back pocket or fleece pocket while listening to music. It will take a bit to get use to, but people will be happy overall I'm sure.
Tell me what you think. Yay or Nay?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

vaxick

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It really does not bother me to be honest. I understand why it is where it is. There really isn't any logical way to put it on the top or bottom of the phone due to your hands covering the sides when using the game pad. People can argue other slider phones have them on the top, but people have to remember those phones don't have shoulder buttons. Sony Ericsson had to find a place where they knew your hand wouldn't cover and that's why it is where it is.

For those concerned with using the jack due to the male plug on their headphones sticking straight out, there is a cheap solution to that. For a couple dollars, you can get a angled adapter that pretty much solves any issue you had if you want to feel safe listening to music while it's in your pocket.

414jnD%2BKjTL.jpg

manfredo

Banned
May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I think that is why too.

Some people have mentioned that the location of the headphone jack is not in the greatest location. Its located on the left side at the very top.
At first, I would have totally agreed. I have an ipod touch, location is on the bottom. This is good while you hold the device, or slip it in your pocket. Same with the DroidX, but its on the top which I prefer even more.
So what was Sony Ericsson thinking when they put it on the side? Well I think I know. In landscape mode while using the controller to play games, its actually in the perfect spot. Anywhere else it would be in the way. Now because they have it at the very top on the side, it actually won't be too bad while sitting in your back pocket or fleece pocket while listening to music. It will take a bit to get use to, but people will be happy overall I'm sure.
Tell me what you think. Yay or Nay?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk