its xperia play stock android?

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
ok so i am ready for an upgrade and im eather gonna get the xperia play or the thunderbolt i have no 4g in my area and there as of now are no plans for it so my deciding factor is does the xperia play have stock android or does it have some kinda sony overlay? some videos look like its stock and some some look stock

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
It is stock android with a few verizon apps (no overlay). I have owned it for a couple of days now and highly recommend it. All the comments about this phone being outdated and slow are a joke. This thing is fast with a very solid build. Go get it if you are a gamer!

ok so i am ready for an upgrade and im eather gonna get the xperia play or the thunderbolt i have no 4g in my area and there as of now are no plans for it so my deciding factor is does the xperia play have stock android or does it have some kinda sony overlay? some videos look like its stock and some some look stock

Reactions: honex97

Terminator02

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
i'd like to reiterate that it is quite snappy, i previously had a fascinate with the community ROM 1.3 and this phone, stock, is faster and has a better battery, plus the gamepad is very solid

jimmysombrero

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had this phone for two days now and highly recommend it. FPSeCE runs Metal Gear Solid at an average of 45 fps and the controller feels great. The UI is very snappy even with all of the high quality effects turned on in Launcher Pro.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
thanks a lot everyone ive owned the og droid and the incredible and dont get me wrong htc sense was great i loved it but theres was nothing like stock android that was on my og droid. another question ive noticed in videos when you slide out the button pad a game window i guess it is opens up, can you go to the home screen while its slid out? im asking cause if i were to download like a nes rom would i be able to play mario with the controller buttons?

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
thanks a lot everyone ive owned the og droid and the incredible and dont get me wrong htc sense was great i loved it but theres was nothing like stock android that was on my og droid. another question ive noticed in videos when you slide out the button pad a game window i guess it is opens up, can you go to the home screen while its slid out? im asking cause if i were to download like a nes rom would i be able to play mario with the controller buttons?

You can disable the Xperia app launching when you slide the controller out. I did that and it's a lot better.

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
well i was thinking about ether this phone or the thunderbolt but i think im gonna get the xperia play. thanks everyone

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I am also coming from the fascinate with community ROM 1.3 and was not expecting this phone to be noticeably faster with stock but it is. Like you said, the battery life is better too.

i'd like to reiterate that it is quite snappy, i previously had a fascinate with the community ROM 1.3 and this phone, stock, is faster and has a better battery, plus the gamepad is very solid

SergeantDroid

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I have the Droid X but I bought my son the Xperia Play today. I have to say I am very impressed with this phone. It is smoother and snappier than my X running Gingerbread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20