Proscan Android 7" running ICS

cedellh

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
View Proscan Android? 4.0 Deals at Big Lots

Just saw this advert for an ics tablet. Does anyone know anything about this tablet? Would it be worth the money even just to pal around with this tablet in my freetime? Some one let me know.

1GHz processor
7" screen
4GB internal storage (up to 32 GB with micro SD card, not included)
512 MB
Front facing camera
Capacitive multi-touch screen
800 x 400 resolution
720P
HDMI out
Check email, connect to the internet through Wi-Fi
Pre-loaded GetJar app
Model #: PLT7035

Flukster

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
ok so i just bought this tablet for my son because it is cheap... $69.99 - 10% (minus $7) came to $62.99 plus tax

here are the specs

RK29SDK
Model PLT7035-PL
Android 4.04
Kernel version 3.0.8+
Build Number rk06

Manual is here
Item # PLT7035 | ProScan

All i want to do is get the google play store to load and work but i cant seem to figure out how to do that.
All the searches i do bring up that damb "askmefast.com" in the hundreds. someone needs to take that website out. it is annoying and useless...

anyway if someone knows how to fix this thing so that i can get the app store working then i would be happy.
It comes with getjar that sucks and you can side-load the amazon store but the play store wont load.

My son already had one cheap tablet that got broken so he already has several purchesed apps in the play store that i would like to get loaded onto this tablet if possible.
I tried this but it didn't work, Market Fix (All APPS - Uploaded File) (yes i know it is for a different tablet, this is what he had, figured it was worth a shot, but it cant find the drivers for this thing.) figured providing the link might be a good starting point for someone that has a clue unlike me...

also looked at this

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] Polaroid Tab

but i am lost

Edit

I would say stay clear of this this thing.

I followed these directions to create my own SDK Drivers after the RK29 drivers didnt seem to work.
http://dl.xda-developers.com/attach...l_AOSP_Rk29sdk_Android_4.0.3-7inch-Tablet.pdf

the device will not give up its id when i run the ADB Devices command. so i thin it is locked down some how.
Doing further research i read that some Chinese tables are locked down like this but i have not found a way to hake around this.

So i am going to return it.

Last edited:

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i would return it and order the AGPTek TP10 which is a 7". amazon, newegg, read reviews - note that a'zon has a number of entries for the same device but one of them has garnered by far the most reviews. I'll be posting a new thread on the unit. 'tis a sleeper that might break the mold.
Store works perfectly, no issues. fast enough. hdmi. microSD. decent screen. sturdy build

Er Tr

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
GOT IT!!! Here's how me done it (basically follow instruction on xda-developers.com, topic Proscan PLT-7035-PL Root and install GAPPS)

1. Get the tablet to connect to PC running XP:
Download Android SDK from google, install and connect ... nothing shows up. Gotta fix two problems here:
(a) I need an adb driver. Got ADB driver from PdaNet for Android, install failed ... Finally got ADB driver to install with instruction on tomshareware.com, topic Installation Failed Access Denied (Installation failed, access denied - Security-Admin - Windows-XP). Now device show up in xp's device manager. Still, running adb device shows up empty list ... I need to do one more thing:
(b) add PROSCAN device ID, and also google's id, to file "adb_usb.ini" in "c:\docume~1\<user>\.android":
0x2207
0x18d1
follows instruction on forum.xda-developers.com, topic: USB Vendor ID's - Make your Android devices work in a single machine together ([FIX] USB Vendor ID's - Make your Android devices work in a single machine together - xda-developers)

2. Root the device, basically acquire root access:
tried SuperOneClick, not work. Instruction on androidforums.com, topic root-one-click-how-get-adb-running-root (http://androidforums.com/kindle-fir...ck-how-get-adb-running-root-superoneclick.htm) ... no luck here, SuperOneClick didn't work for me, hang on step #7.
I got success rooting with "ICS Root Unlocker 1.0". Just make sure to wait for reboot several times during the process. It comes up blank couple times and scared me, but give it a few minute to make sure I press key and it continue, eventually comes up fine, ROOTED !

3. Now try install PlayStore ... followed instruction by "shootmeplz" posted below ... IT WORKED ! Got Root Explorer (2.21.1).apk, Google Play Store (3.8.16).apk, and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip from 4shared.com (4shared folder - My 4shared)
Just make sure you follow the instruction on xda-developers.com, topic: Proscan PLT-7035-PL Root and install GAPPS (=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1993013) - TO THE LETTER !.

Many thanks, to the many Masters above !!!

Ertr

Last edited:

Kiibz29

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I followed this and the other procedure over at xda developers for rooting the proscan tablet. I've followed everything to a T. Achieved a root and had su installed. Copied the system folder over from the extracted gapps folder to the / directory using root explorer and all i get is an error saying that "unfortunately, play store has stopped working" and nothing more. Not one of the other google apps are also installed and or working as well.

Please help....

vulcani2e

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I followed this and the other procedure over at xda developers for rooting the proscan tablet. I've followed everything to a T. Achieved a root and had su installed. Copied the system folder over from the extracted gapps folder to the / directory using root explorer and all i get is an error saying that "unfortunately, play store has stopped working" and nothing more. Not one of the other google apps are also installed and or working as well.

Please help....

I used the Vending 3.9.16.apk from thread in xda-developers

The above is copied from my post there - all credits to respective authors and thread starters:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Proscan PLT 7035B - connect to PC, upgrade to JB and rooting with Play Store

Cheers. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke