Generic Tablet help.

Zenakuism

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I recently received a generic tablet and I'm having a lot of issues with it. Some parts of the screen aren't responding and the battery drains too fast. It's currently running on 4.0.4 ICS and I was wondering if there was any ROM out there that is compatible with my tablet, hoping that it would fix the problem. I'm pretty new at this so any advice would definitely help.

Details about my generic tablet.
Product Details - NTB-701 Tablet 7" Display With Android 4.0

ARM Cortex A8 1.2 GHz, RAM 512MB, 7" Display, Android 4.0 WiFi
Operating System: Android 4.0
Processor Type: Cortex A8
Processor Speed: 1.2GHz
RAM: 512MB
RAM Type: DDR3
Hard Disk Capacity: 4GB
Screen Size: 7 Inch
Touch Screen: Capacitive Touch
Video Memory: All Formats up to 1080p
Bluetooth: Yes
Wi-Fi: Yes
Webcam: Yes
Battery Type/ Life: 1200 mAh Rechargeable Lithium Battery

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Search your settings and see if there is an option for "Factory Reset". Try that first. It will likely wipe all the data and information you have stored on it, so make sure you've got that data backed up somewhere.

If that doesn't improve it, check the warranty. If it was a gift, talk to the person who gave it to you and see if they can exchange it.

As far as ROM's go, I wouldn't get my hopes up. It appears you have a fairly generic, low end tablet. Even if you find a compatible ROM, it won't perform miracles. You mentioned battery life.... according to the specs you listed, the battery is 1200mAh. Just to compare, my phone (a Galaxy Nexus) has a 1750mAh battery, and it's running a much smaller screen then your tablet has. (The screen is almost always the biggest drain on a battery).

Good luck with solving your issues. I hope you find a solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38