Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Doug Wolfe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Walmart has them listed in their July 4th advertisement. Available online also according to their ad.
yea link please? Especially to the part where you can buy it online. Website right now says "in store only" and I can't find any stores around the SF bay area that actually have one. All the stores listed as having one in stock say they don not in fact.

djsunyc

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
hey all - another question. i plugged in the hdmi and see it on my screen but i am not getting any audio. anybody know where the settings are?

i have it plugged into my receive which then outputs to my projector. thanks.

edit - DUH - the volume control. sorry y'all...

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
One of my local Walmarts got restocked with Pros this week. Still not on the shelf, but had an "as advertised" sign in front of them in the case.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

Bill Brooks

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It's in Walmart's print ad in today's newspaper and next to the picture and price it stated it could be purchased online. I didn't look closely but sometimes the sales don't start right away, maybe that's why the online status hasn't changed.

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you give us your impressions.
I'm interested in how thick it is.
The Amazon photo's make it look huge
And your thoughts on the plastic latch that holds it closed

Posted via Android Central App
the latch is actually magnetic, its the same size as the tablet length x width and 3/4" thick with the tablet inside. I really like it its saved the tablet once already from an approx. 3' drop onto concrete while trying to juggle keys, dog, door, and tablet:) and its well made too!

energnag

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced a problem with "duplicate" folders on the micro sd card ? I started with a simple Pictures, Music, Movies, Videos, Documents structure. Several days later I noticed that Gallery app indicated all of my pictures folders had doubled in number. When I displayed the content of a pictures folder, I saw a photo followed by a blank entry. Same occured for movies, etc.

Attached tablet to computer and examined S7 micro sd card in detail ....... I now have two Pictures folders, two music folders, etc. One folder has the original content, the second is empty. First time it happened, I reformatted the sd card and reloaded everything. A day or so later, same thing, duplicate copies of every folder ....... this time I ended up with 3 copies of each folder. Something is messing with the directory structure to the sd card. Any ideas what is causing it and how to elliminate ?

Oh yeah ....... There is a much simpler way to get rid of the duplicate files. Simply go into settings / storage and unmount the sd card followed by a mount sd card. When all is complete, you're back to a single set of folders.

Edit : Searching this problem on internet, I feel safe stating it is not a unique Sero 7 Pro problem. Looks like it has been going on for over a year and across different hardware platforms as well as Android OS releases. Can not tell how wide spread the problem is, but definitely occurring for multiple users. No reported cause or cure to date that I can find. While annoying, it is easily enough to cure with the SD unmount, SD mount procedure.

Sure would like to know cause / cure if any of you fine readers stumble across it.

Another update to my earlier post :

I note that each time I power my tablet on, another set of SD card folders is created. I have powered off/on 3 times since I last cleared the duplicate folders, and I now have 4 sets.

Any ideas / suggestions for turning off this strange behavior ?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Another update to my earlier post :

I note that each time I power my tablet on, another set of SD card folders is created. I have powered off/on 3 times since I last cleared the duplicate folders, and I now have 4 sets.

Any ideas / suggestions for turning off this strange behavior ?

Do you have any kind of backup app,or backup sync, that may be doing it?

Have you tried reformatting the Micro SD card.?

Or starting the tablet with the card not installed, see if you get an error message that may point to what's causing the problem.

Last edited:

energnag

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any kind of backup app,or backup sync, that may be doing it?

Have you tried reformatting the Micro SD card.?

Or starting the tablet with the card not installed, see if you get an error message that may point to what's causing the problem.

Michael ........

Thanks for responding. Let me state that this is my first Android experience. With the exception of the "duplicate folder" issue, all has gone well. Here is what's happening : Upon initial SD mount, I have one folder copy of Music, Photos, Movies, etc. Every power off/on cycle creates a duplicate set of these folders. Three power off/on cycles results in 3 duplicate sets of folders. Every one of the duplicate folders, however, is empty. At this point, if I go into the Gallery app and display one of the Photo sub folders, I see a photo, three black photos, the next correct photo, three more black photos, and so on.
As I've mentioned, the solution is to perform an SD unmount followed by an SD mount. This forces a directory rebuild, and all is back to a single set of folders ....... all the duplicates are removed. I am hoping to find the root cause and keep it from happening.

To answer your questions :

I am unaware of any backup / sync app in operation. I certainly have not down loaded any.

I have reformatted the sd several times. This was my solution before discovering the unmount/mount option.

Removed the sd card and powered on. No error messages. However, the duplicate folders were still there, at least according to the OS. Gallery still shows multiples of the Photo folder. Of course, trying
to open a subfolder results in error as the sd card has been removed.

I am starting to suspect media scanner may be at the root of the problem. Instead of simply scanning my media files and updating as required, it is creating these duplicate, empty folders at every startup. If that is the case, any way to manage or control media scanner ?

Any more thoughts ?

Last edited:

RayB0883

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
TETHERING ! Specifically reverse tethering. Connecting my Sero 7 Pro to PC via USB cable to access PCs internet connection. I used the xda instructions for win7, works great. I even pulled out an old XP, again, works. xda DID NOT give any specifics for doing this on a Vista PC. ( xda is not responding to my question) I've been working on this for the last six hours and cannot for the life of me, figure this out. Aaaargh !! What am I missing, what am I doing wrong ?? ( Don't tell me it's because I'm using Vista, I WILL HARM YOU.:D)

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Michael ........

Thanks for responding. Let me state that this is my first Android experience. With the exception of the "duplicate folder" issue, all has gone well. Here is what's happening : Upon initial SD mount, I have one folder copy of Music, Photos, Movies, etc. Every power off/on cycle creates a duplicate set of these folders. Three power off/on cycles results in 3 duplicate sets of folders. Every one of the duplicate folders, however, is empty. At this point, if I go into the Gallery app and display one of the Photo sub folders, I see a photo, three black photos, the next correct photo, three more black photos, and so on.
As I've mentioned, the solution is to perform an SD unmount followed by an SD mount. This forces a directory rebuild, and all is back to a single set of folders ....... all the duplicates are removed. I am hoping to find the root cause and keep it from happening.

To answer your questions :

I am unaware of any backup / sync app in operation. I certainly have not down loaded any.

I have reformatted the sd several times. This was my solution before discovering the unmount/mount option.

Removed the sd card and powered on. No error messages. However, the duplicate folders were still there, at least according to the OS. Gallery still shows multiples of the Photo folder. Of course, trying
to open a subfolder results in error as the sd card has been removed.

I am starting to suspect media scanner may be at the root of the problem. Instead of simply scanning my media files and updating as required, it is creating these duplicate, empty folders at every startup. If that is the case, any way to manage or control media scanner ?

Any more thoughts ?

I would suggest you try a warranty exchange.
I've used Android devices for a couple of years and not had this problem.
That doesn't mean it's not a common issue, but yours is the first I've seen on multiple forums.

tao zhang1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest you try a warranty exchange.
I've used Android devices for a couple of years and not had this problem.
That doesn't mean it's not a common issue, but yours is the first I've seen on multiple forums.

Did you install any file manager app?If yes,can you uninstall it then try again?

tao zhang1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced a problem with "duplicate" folders on the micro sd card ? I started with a simple Pictures, Music, Movies, Videos, Documents structure. Several days later I noticed that Gallery app indicated all of my pictures folders had doubled in number. When I displayed the content of a pictures folder, I saw a photo followed by a blank entry. Same occured for movies, etc.Did you install any file manager app?If yes,can you uninstall it then try again?
Attached tablet to computer and examined S7 micro sd card in detail ....... I now have two Pictures folders, two music folders, etc. One folder has the original content, the second is empty. First time it happened, I reformatted the sd card and reloaded everything. A day or so later, same thing, duplicate copies of every folder ....... this time I ended up with 3 copies of each folder. Something is messing with the directory structure to the sd card. Any ideas what is causing it and how to elliminate ?

Oh yeah ....... There is a much simpler way to get rid of the duplicate files. Simply go into settings / storage and unmount the sd card followed by a mount sd card. When all is complete, you're back to a single set of folders.

Edit : Searching this problem on internet, I feel safe stating it is not a unique Sero 7 Pro problem. Looks like it has been going on for over a year and across different hardware platforms as well as Android OS releases. Can not tell how wide spread the problem is, but definitely occurring for multiple users. No reported cause or cure to date that I can find. While annoying, it is easily enough to cure with the SD unmount, SD mount procedure.

Sure would like to know cause / cure if any of you fine readers stumble across it.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Question for the guys who have had this since the first week or so since it came out. How is it holding up? I've considered picking one up but I wanted to wait and see how it was holding up with more use. I know it's impressed most folks out of the box but have you noticed any problems as you have continued to use it? Has anyone rooted it and been able to put apps on the SD card?