Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

VeRawr

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE...just ordered 3 of these

Sent from my M470BSA using Android Central Forums

I'd love to see a review on the cases either here or on Amazon once you get them and test them out!
I'm really considering switching from "definitely going to get the Nexus 7" to "possibly getting the Hisense Sero 7" :)

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
A little bit of bad news, after comparing all of the tablets, I noticed my screen was much dimmer than the others. I also noticed a red smudge on the micro sd card door. I will be exchanging mine tomorrow.

Sent from there can only be HTC One

Whatatay

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone notice some of the quick launch power toggles don't work? When I pull down the settings bar from the top right of the screen and long press Bluetooth it does not toggle it on it only opens the Bluetooth settings and I can turn it on from there the same happens with WiFi. Anyone else having this issue?

I have the same issue. However, if you swipe to the right from the home screen, you will see a "Power Control" widget put there by default that does have the one touch on/off settings for WiFi, bluetooth, location services, and brightness

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You can select a pretty large area to save for offline use, you can save multiple areas as well. I've used mine one a few service calls already. You can zoom out on the map and if the area is too large it won't give you the option to select. Play around with offline feature in google maps. Initially you do need a data connection to save them..

How do you download maps for offline? I've seen how to do it for a 10 mile radius but I tried zooming out and it's still online for 10 miles. If I wanted to download for a whole state how would I?

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. However, if you swipe to the right from the home screen, you will see a "Power Control" widget put there by default that does have the one touch on/off settings for WiFi, bluetooth, location services, and brightness

Yes I know about the Power Control widget I already removed that widget from the 2nd screen it's not a big deal the long press does not work point is it should work though since it is part of the OS. I am curious if everyone has this bug?

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know about the Power Control widget I already removed that widget from the 2nd screen it's not a big deal the long press does not work point is it should work though since it is part of the OS. I am curious if everyone has this bug?

Mine also takes you to the menu, a long press doesn't toggle as it should, both wifi and bluetooth. I guess they left that out?

Posted from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

UpstateScott

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
How do you download maps for offline? I've seen how to do it for a 10 mile radius but I tried zooming out and it's still online for 10 miles. If I wanted to download for a whole state how would I?

When I'm around 84 to 87 square miles it trips over the limit, the outline box in Google Maps shows red, and it says I can't save that large a map. So I just tweak the box until it stops being red and start the save. Also, when you are saving off-line maps the outline of the existing off-line maps will show up, which makes it easier to blanket an area or route. There is a limit to the number of off-line maps you can have but not sure what it is. In your case I'd probably delete that existing 10 square mile map and try it again.

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Kindle with a case Amazon made for it, it snaps in without any straps or anything to cover over the corners of the front. That's what I want for this tablet and I hope someone makes one. The magnet with auto-sleep is very convenient too, it makes it like closing a book. Till one comes along I'm keeping it in my old Blackberry Playbook envelope sleeve which is pretty nice.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I have been pretty impressed with the battery life so far. The little one played it non stop for over 5 hours and all he did was games.

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
How so? I got 3 cases with normal shipping, I paid $53.93.

You're getting ripped off. Seems like i-Blason is taking advantage of the supply/demand thing.
I bought almost identical Nexus 7 i-Blason cases from Amazon back in December for our girls' new Nexus 7's. Currently, they are $7.99 each, for practically the same thing, and even includes a stylus-ink pen combo.

There is no reason the Sero 7 cases should be close to 3x the price.

This is my favorite style case. I'll wait until Blurex releases one for the S7 PRO. I like the "pop-in" style, and the completely open front. The i-Blason has the "leather" frame around the front, and the tablet is fairly secured in the case making it a bit harder to quickly remove.

Personal preferences, of course, but in case others wanted to compare, the Blurex is a good case. For now, a $4.00 neoprene case is working fine for daily protection.

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a Kindle with a case Amazon made for it, it snaps in without any straps or anything to cover over the corners of the front. That's what I want for this tablet and I hope someone makes one. The magnet with auto-sleep is very convenient too, it makes it like closing a book. Till one comes along I'm keeping it in my old Blackberry Playbook envelope sleeve which is pretty nice.

Blurex makes that style case, but I don't see a Hisense version yet. Check Amazon for the Nexus 7 version, though. I also prefer this style and have this one for my Nexus 7.

One question I have asked in various forums and still have not gotten an answer, is if the Hisense has the magnetic sleep switch? People assume, I guess, but so far I have not read anything that says it's there and it works.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see a review on the cases either here or on Amazon once you get them and test them out!
I'm really considering switching from "definitely going to get the Nexus 7" to "possibly getting the Hisense Sero 7" :)

Will do, I should have them by Friday

lancorp

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
How so? I got 3 cases with normal shipping, I paid $53.93.

( I posted a reply to this earlier, but for some reason, it's not showing up, so I'll condense it and post again...)

Deleted contents as my earlier post did finally show up (above).

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
( I posted a reply to this earlier, but for some reason, it's not showing up, so I'll condense it and post again...)

Deleted contents as my earlier post did finally show up (above).

I gotcha, they were $14.99 each, which isn't terrible and they fit the Sero, I was ok with it.

On another note, has anyone found the ppi for the Sero? I have seen conflicting numbers

Posted via Android Central App with the HTC One

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Blurex makes that style case, but I don't see a Hisense version yet. Check Amazon for the Nexus 7 version, though. I also prefer this style and have this one for my Nexus 7.

One question I have asked in various forums and still have not gotten an answer, is if the Hisense has the magnetic sleep switch? People assume, I guess, but so far I have not read anything that says it's there and it works.

I tried my wife's iPad Mini cover that has the magnetic strip on it. I could not find anything metal/metallic on the Sero that it would stick to

audioparts

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I was at the local Walmart the other day filling up the gas tank, and decided to look at the Hisense Sero 7 pro. The was,nt a unit on display but they were in stock so I decided to purchase one. I figured that it looke promising spec and feature wise, and I can always return it if it isn't up to py. I do own a Nevus 7 17 gb and I really like it. To be homest, I have been disappointed however since there is no HDMI out no SD cred slot etc. Anyway I went home and proceeded to set up the Sero 7. After several days using it for many hours, I have co,e to my personal conclusion that the Hisense Sero 7 Pro is now at the top of the 7" tablet door chain. I am surprised at the build quality, speed etc that this unit has, all at a $150 price point. I have fount no problems with charging, like I had on the Nexus 7 ( mine only charged when it was powered off). I have fount they wifi is getting a stronger signal tried too side with the Neus. This unit is a killer, My Nexus 7 will now go to one of my kids. I,m hooked on the Hisence for now.

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

I don't think it does I tried running the magnet side of my Nexus 7 case all around my Sero 7 and it did not make the screen come on.