Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

mogrith

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Pics or it didn't happen!!!
bird-bite.jpg

Bird is not here so not in pic.

atlantaacman

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyone in the Atlanta area who has experience with rooting and such? Why are are my question marks upside down sometimes? Didn't do it this time...lol ??????? Im Using dolphin browser.

Bill Brooks

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
got one today at the local Walmart. Looked like they have about 10 of them, with maybe 5 LTs sitting in a case. I just got a clerk and pointed to the case where they were, didn't ask him any questions. Compared to the Ainol Venus 7 I've been using, the Sero Pro is slightly bigger and heavier, but build quality seems better. I have a question, how can I uninstall the native apps? Some of them I can do it through the "app info" but others don't have an "uninstall option".

mogrith

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
got one today at the local Walmart. Looked like they have about 10 of them, with maybe 5 LTs sitting in a case. I just got a clerk and pointed to the case where they were, didn't ask him any questions. Compared to the Ainol Venus 7 I've been using, the Sero Pro is slightly bigger and heavier, but build quality seems better. I have a question, how can I uninstall the native apps? Some of them I can do it through the "app info" but others don't have an "uninstall option".

XDA has Rom with about 80meg of apps removed.
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DEV/CWM/ROOT/ROM] Hisense Sero 7 Pro CWM Touch Recovery, Factory ROM & My XE-SeroROM
Not tried it yet but it sounds good maybe this weekend.

Bill Brooks

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks mogrith. I don't know much about ROMs etc. Is it something easy to do? I may give it a try now before I get too many apps loaded in case I have to rest everything

mogrith

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I've done it on several tablets before. It's not to bad. But you do have to install some free software and drivers on a PC to download a new bootloader then update the rom.

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there anyone in the Atlanta area who has experience with rooting and such? Why are are my question marks upside down sometimes? Didn't do it this time...lol ??????? Im Using dolphin browser.

???? Question marks are upside down because you have a heavy hand. This is an issue for me too. I was not able to position the cursor for editing because I was holding the key down too long. A light touch is needed.

Kasey Mcgraw

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
It has a microphone and its a decent one picks up sound very well. Google now works
better on here than Nexus 7! I am surprised by the performance of this cheap tablet.

Spectre130

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

motoguy1

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site

My Sero Pro is currently naked. I'm getting ready to order this case. Any recommendations on screen protectors? I've used Otterbox cases on my phones, which have come with built-in screen protectors, so I've never shopped screen protectors before. I imagine they're all about the same? I was looking at this one:

Amazon.com: i-Blason HD Matte Bubble Free Screen Protector for Hisense Sero 7 Pro Android Tablet Reusable Anti Glare (Black): Computers & Accessories

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
personal tastes I guess, but I don't see the need for a screen protector if the tablet is in a case. Its not like a phone where you stick it your pocket. I mean what is going to scratch it?

Last edited:

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Jim I never used a screen protector on any of my tablets my original Asus Transformer TF101 my Nexus 7 and my Sero 7 and I never had a scratch on any of them but I am pretty careful with my electronics so depending on the person they may feel they need one. On another note anyone having any battery performance issues on their Sero 7? Mine over the last few nights is not holding a charge as well as it did a few day ago I have not installed anything new so I am still investigating the issue for example I went to work today and had 75% battery came home and was down to 55% tablet was in sleep mode and Wifi is on. Overnight same thing I am losing like 15-20% battery in sleep while my Nexus 7 loses about 3% overnight.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Jim I never used a screen protector on any of my tablets my original Asus Transformer TF101 my Nexus 7 and my Sero 7 and I never had a scratch on any of them but I am pretty careful with my electronics so depending on the person they may feel they need one. On another note anyone having any battery performance issues on their Sero 7? Mine over the last few nights is not holding a charge as well as it did a few day ago I have not installed anything new so I am still investigating the issue for example I went to work today and had 75% battery came home and was down to 55% tablet was in sleep mode and Wifi is on. Overnight same thing I am losing like 15-20% battery in sleep while my Nexus 7 loses about 3% overnight.

I've had mine on for almost three days, at 60% now with 2.5 hours screen time. Checked FB, email and played a few games.

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Have you set it to WiFi Off while in sleep mode?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy