Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had the pro version for three days and here are my thoughts. It's a decent tablet out of the box considering the price. Specs are good and has a good feature set. However, there are some performance issues with. It has lag when scrolling and widgets crash far to often. I switched to Nova launcher and changed the setting to minimize animations. It works much better with the animations turned off. It works flawlessly when gaming so far. I've played temple run 2 and dead trigger. WiFi seems slow to me, I've preformed speed tests. Side by side with a number of devices the Sero lost every test. The screen works fine but smudges up quickly, like most. If I keep it I'm sure it will be rooted and flashed. For a buck forty nine it's a bargain. I haven't used the NFC yet. Speaks are loud enough but the sound quality is average at best. Battery life is decent and charges as expected. Fits in my pocket which makes it a great second device (third in my case). I have a Nook HD+ ($179 on mother's day) and a IPad 3. I wanted the smaller Nook HD but could not pass up the sale price on the plus. This device fits the bill for a smaller less expensive device, we'll have to wait to see about the quality. I'm happy with my purchase so far and I'd recommend this device if it fits ones needs. I do wonder if Hisense will ever update the software or if rooting will be the only option for improvement.

Hey since the Nook HD+ is on sale this week for $149, and since you have both Nook HD+ and the Sero 7 Pro, which one would you recommend as a tablet.

I want to get a tablet in this budget but can't decide between these two. Your input will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I own both the Nook HD+ and the sero 7 Pro. I just bought the Nook because of the recent $149 pricing and the 9" screen. The display on the Nook is outstanding and is better for reading and movie watching. It's also hooked up with Google Play Store , which is a must have for me. If I could only have one I would probably take the Sero due to it's portability. It's just easier to move around in your pocket or coat. Also, the Sero has GPS and front and rear cameras. I think both of them, for their respective sizes, are the best deals in their class and very nice tablets. Hard to believe that you could own both for $300. When a 16 GB iPad is $499. I have owned three iPads and they are nice, but I prefer the Android OS. Although the Nook runs a heavily modified ICS it's quiet smooth.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

fotyc

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My Sero Pro is currently naked. I'm getting ready to order this case. Any recommendations on screen protectors?

I ordered this one Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Hisense Sero 7 PRO Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty: Electronics because the way the screen holds onto fingerprints is driving me nuts compared to my phone, and because it said it was invisible, unscratchable, etc. We'll see how I like it. I haven't put a screen protector on anything before because I'm generally careful, but the way I have to scrub at this with my microfiber cloth after every use is a little annoying.

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Is this setting easy to find? Sounds like a very good thing to do, I just haven't run across this setting yet when playing with the setup.

setup>WiFi> click the three dots at upper right > Advanced> select the options you want to enable/disable

MarkFL88

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I turned both GPS and WiFI completely off last night after fully charging to 100% and put the tablet to sleep this morning it was at 97% which for Android is normal so now to turn GPS on and see how the battery goes then wifi maybe I will set to wifi off in sleep if needed.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
So I stopped by my local Wally World at lunch today. :confused: The "Electronics" department is a joke. Their tablet selection consisted of the iCrap selections and 1 or 2 Nook color. I found no evidence of any Hisense tablets. So I walked around to see if there were any other display/locked case areas that might hold them. (nope)

I even checked out the clearance section (in my dreams I know).

The one Wally World employee I saw to begin with was knee-deep at his register, but just then Mr. Geek walked out of the photo area. I grabbed him. He gave me the deer in the headlights look, but reached for his teeny tiny Isheeple phone and went right to Walmart.com when I told him it was a "walmart excusive" tablet.

He found the UPC and looked it up. Their inventory said 0, the wally world website said 2 at their store :eek: (riiiiiight). So he called the local Super Wally and 15 minutes later confirmed they have 2 in stock. Supposedly (uh huh) someone is holding one for me but I'll believe it when I see it.

So maybe after work I may get to lay my hands on one. Maybe.

UPC is 85409800341 if anyone needs it (call first ??)

karnoff

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
So if anyone is wondering I can confirm the sixaxis controller with the app works on this device.

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk HD

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
My mini HDMI cord arrived today. The output looks great on the big HD TV. However, I was dissappointed that I couldn't use this with the xfinity TV app so I could see the video on a bigger screen. I am new to android and so didn't know what to expect. The content is also available on a website that uses Flash. I tried the puffin browser, but that provides really poor quality halting video. What do seasoned android users do to stream content to a bigger screen?

vpsrchief

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get the weather to work on the time and weather app on the home page? When I click on the space specified (anywhere around the time readout), a page comes up to enter the city wanted, but doesnt seem saved when entered,, hence no weather appears in the app, i.e. 72 and sunny.

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My mini HDMI cord arrived today. The output looks great on the big HD TV. However, I was dissappointed that I couldn't use this with the xfinity TV app so I could see the video on a bigger screen. I am new to android and so didn't know what to expect. The content is also available on a website that uses Flash. I tried the puffin browser, but that provides really poor quality halting video. What do seasoned android users do to stream content to a bigger screen?

Try Boat Browser - it does a great job with flash and video.

dougf4

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I see that the Walmart website has been brought back to life for the Sero 7 Pro today.

All the store availability, ratings and comments have returned after about a week of being pulled.

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
RE: Turning off Wifi to save power

Is this setting easy to find? Sounds like a very good thing to do, I just haven't run across this setting yet when playing with the setup.

Did you happen to find the manual? It wasn't available for the first few days that I had my unit, but its on the Hisense website now and has a lot of information.
http://www.hisense-usa.com/support/manuals/Sero7%20Pro_us_m_en_man.pdf
I like the power control widget for managing power.

The power control widget.
This control was enabled out of the box right from the get go. I can't remember if it was to the left or right of the default home screen with the composite widget. I had no idea what it was when I first saw it. And once I did figure out what it was, I couldn't figure out what the icons were without the manual. Power control is described on page 19.of the manual. It gives you access to all the power settings. Click them to turn them on and off. If you deleted the power control widget from your home screen you can always add it from the list of widgets. Tap the icons to quickly turn on / off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Sync. Repeated tap Brightness icon to adjust the brightness of the screen. When the sun has an A in the middle, that means its on automatic mode.

Quick settings
Another cool feature is the quick settings box. It gives you access to the commonly used settings. Put your finger near the time in the upper right hand corner of the home screen, near the time, and drag down the quick settings control.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I knew that screen shot button would be handy for something:cool:

Last edited:

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Try Boat Browser - it does a great job with flash and video.
Thanks Doug, I'll give this a try.
However, I am beginning to think that nobody does a great job with flash video. The item that I wanted to show on my TV doesn't want to play well on my hard wired high powered Win7 machine either. It halts over and over again even though I gave it plenty of time to buffer before I started playing it. The Win7 is grainy as can be. Interestingly I also tried this with my iphone, which obviously does not have flash. When I navigated to the webpage, a video game up and played in my browser, and was mirrored to my TV with a beautiful non-halting video. So apparently Biography.com has a special format for the Safari browser, that is native to the iPhone and streams extremely well. The xfinity.app also streams very well on iphone and Hisense, using wifi WPA2, but hardwired to my Win7 computer I get a horrible halting non-flowing picture that is painful to watch. I'm going to have to do some homework here. I just don't understand web video at all.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Got my hands on one last night. Sweet tablet! Playing around with it but I love it so far for the price! So far the build quality is great. Have to fish out a micro SD and try that next.

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Got my pretty magenta hisense case this afternoon. After two hours of use. I have NOT accidentally pressed the screen capture button once.
And the shocking pink makes it easier to find. I did like the naked tablet better though.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Doug, I'll give this a try.
However, I am beginning to think that nobody does a great job with flash video. The item that I wanted to show on my TV doesn't want to play well on my hard wired high powered Win7 machine either. It halts over and over again even though I gave it plenty of time to buffer before I started playing it. The Win7 is grainy as can be. Interestingly I also tried this with my iphone, which obviously does not have flash. When I navigated to the webpage, a video game up and played in my browser, and was mirrored to my TV with a beautiful non-halting video. So apparently Biography.com has a special format for the Safari browser, that is native to the iPhone and streams extremely well. The xfinity.app also streams very well on iphone and Hisense, using wifi WPA2, but hardwired to my Win7 computer I get a horrible halting non-flowing picture that is painful to watch. I'm going to have to do some homework here. I just don't understand web video at all.

After you install Boat Browser got to the settings and set the user agent to IPad. Most web sites will then default to HTML5 for video. This is what your iPhone uses.
Of course you will have to change back to Android or desktop for sites that only use Flash.

hithere159

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
It's just awful how bad Walmart is about these things.
Me: "Hi, I'm calling to see if your store has any of the Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablets in stock?"
Walmart: "What?"
Me: "Do you have the Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet in stock?"
Walmart: "So.......................that's a pharmaceutical item?"
at least they got it down before transfering me to the pharmacy.....geez

Jim_in_VA

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's just awful how bad Walmart is about these things.
Me: "Hi, I'm calling to see if your store has any of the Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablets in stock?"
Walmart: "What?"
Me: "Do you have the Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet in stock?"
Walmart: "So.......................that's a pharmaceutical item?"
at least they got it down before transfering me to the pharmacy.....geez

LOL !!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance