Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
got an email from iBlason today saying they are going to "take care" of those who ordered the first generation case without the cutout for the light sensor. All he needed was my Amazon order #

I sent a mail on Saturday, haven't received any kind of response yet :(

djsunyc

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
just got this tablet and am happy with it. haven't read the whole thread yet but can't seem to find where to turn off the haptic feedback. can i do it with this tablet and how?

i turned off the touch/vibrate in the sounds settings but that didn't seem to change the feedback when typing stuff in. also, how can i turn off the suggestions when i type stuff?

reebop

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Settings-->Language & input-->Android keyboard. Tap the settings icon at the right side. Under General, uncheck Vibrate on keypress and/or Sound on keypress.

Or, Settings-->Sound. Under System, uncheck Touch sounds and/or Vibrate on touch.

djsunyc

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Settings-->Language & input-->Android keyboard. Tap the settings icon at the right side. Under General, uncheck Vibrate on keypress and/or Sound on keypress.

Or, Settings-->Sound. Under System, uncheck Touch sounds and/or Vibrate on touch.

you are a gentleman and a scholar. thanks.

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Store #2354 in Rochester hills, MI has three of the PRO'S in the locked display case. Sales associates knew nothing about them.
It must be a low margin item if they are so intent on hiding them.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Reply I just got via email from I-blason...

These are expected to arrive on July 7th. *Replacements will be shipped out based on the original order dates.
Thanks
CSR
i-blason.com

Sent from there can only be HTC One

redneckerson

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I checked the wallyworld in great falls, mt over the weekend, it didn't appear they had sold any more since I bought this one. I guess hisence is depending on word of mouth and places like this to get the word out. I intended to buy the Samsung tab 3 7.0 as soon as I could find one after release but fortunately I stumbled across this place(even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then) and it got me to doing some research on the sero tabs and its the clear winner. Thank y'all

Whatatay

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a Sero 7 Pro and love it. It is my first tablet and I am glad I waited to get such a feature rich tablet for a great price.

With that said, there is one thing I hate about my Sero 7 Pro and I would like to know if it is all 7" tablets that do this or just the Hisense Sero 7 Pro.

The problem is, when I do a search on goggle and then click on "images", I of course get a screen full of images for the item I was searching for. However, if I touch one of the images to see it by itself in a bigger version, my Sero 7 displays a completely different image from the page, usually one that is close to the one I touched and wanted to see bigger.

We must admit that the use of 16 x 9 screen on computers was a moron move. Web pages are not set up for that format and it would be better to have a 3 x 4 screen ratio that will have black bars at the top and bottom for the occasional movie you might watch, rather than the boneheaded white space on the side of web pages.

So is this just a moron result of the 16 x 9 format? My ipod Touch doesn't have this problem.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a Sero 7 Pro and love it. It is my first tablet and I am glad I waited to get such a feature rich tablet for a great price.

With that said, there is one thing I hate about my Sero 7 Pro and I would like to know if it is all 7" tablets that do this or just the Hisense Sero 7 Pro.

The problem is, when I do a search on goggle and then click on "images", I of course get a screen full of images for the item I was searching for. However, if I touch one of the images to see it by itself in a bigger version, my Sero 7 displays a completely different image from the page, usually one that is close to the one I touched and wanted to see bigger.

We must admit that the use of 16 x 9 screen on computers was a moron move. Web pages are not set up for that format and it would be better to have a 3 x 4 screen ratio that will have black bars at the top and bottom for the occasional movie you might watch, rather than the boneheaded white space on the side of web pages.

So is this just a moron result of the 16 x 9 format? My ipod Touch doesn't have this problem.

I'm not sure what's causing your problem.
When I search for images the one I tap always opens correctly.

Is it one particular URL that's doing this or all image searches?

Are you you having problems using the touch screen for other things?

The Web pages display correctly on all of my 16x9 tablets.
So maybe it's the settings you're using.
The User Agent is set for desktop in my browser, not Android

Posted via Android Central App

Whatatay

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what's causing your problem.
When I search for images the one I tap always opens correctly.

Is it one particular URL that's doing this or all image searches?

Are you you having problems using the touch screen for other things?

The Web pages display correctly on all of my 16x9 tablets.
So maybe it's the settings you're using.
The User Agent is set for desktop in my browser, not Android
Thanks you for your reply Michael. Based on your reply I did some testing and found that the problem is the Firefox browser I am using. When I use the default browser or Chrome, everything displays properly. There are some other things nI don't like about the Firefox browser so I am going to delete it.

Thanks again for your reply as it pointed me in thew right direction, but I should have tested the other browsers. I assumed I had but I didn't.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks you for your reply Michael. Based on your reply I did some testing and found that the problem is the Firefox browser I am using. When I use the default browser or Chrome, everything displays properly. There are some other things nI don't like about the Firefox browser so I am going to delete it.

Thanks again for your reply as it pointed me in thew right direction, but I should have tested the other browsers. I assumed I had but I didn't.

Glad you got it sorted out, nothing worse than buying a new Device and not having it work

UpstateScott

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello Fellow Sero'ans

Anyone out there have an Adonit Jot Pro stylus? If so, is it working with your Sero 7 Pro? I've had my Sero 7 Pro for about 4 weeks and it is working well with the exception of using the Jot Pro, which I picked up last weekend. I get the dreaded skips when using the Jot Pro (in apps like SketchBook Pro and Lecture Notes) but my finger draws lines and text with no problems, no skips. I have tried (repeatedly) the suggestions for the Jot Pro (putting a drop of thermal paste, or putting aluminum foil) into the disc receptacle with no change in behavior. And, the Jot Pro works fine in Sketchpad on my iPod Touch 5G, so I don't think it is the stylus.

I've thoroughly cleaned the screen and tried the stylus with and without a screen protector. The linked PDF shows the problem, the top half is the output from writing with the stylus, the bottom half with my finger. That barely legible top half is the alphabet and a common test phrase.

I've read a lot of the online hate for the Jot Pro, but it works perfectly on my iPod and am looking forward to using this with Lecture Notes on the Sero, if I can figure this out.

If anyone has a Jot Pro and can confirm this on there Sero I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott

atz06

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
If you want to mount apps and data on to your external SD memory card, try the Folder Mount app. It works well for me.

Last edited:

Jim_S

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Could someone post a complete list of sensors that the tablet has? Other than GPS, I'm assuming that it has a magnetometer and accelerometer. Correct or not? And any extras like temperature, humidity, or pressure?

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I got my iblason case through amazon.com ( just use them a lot). I requested permission from Amazon to return the case due to the lack of a hole for the front proximity sensor, and I was emailed an RMA and detailed instructions on how to return it for complete refund. At this point I may wait for more cases to hit the market before getting another, as I really like a 360? option, but the iblason is a nice case.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
Could someone post a complete list of sensors that the tablet has? Other than GPS, I'm assuming that it has a magnetometer and accelerometer. Correct or not? And any extras like temperature, humidity, or pressure?

No temp,humidity,or presure.

Sent from my SCH-R530C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair