Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Charade#WN

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I think I got a lemon. My touchscreen response/accuracy has gotten worse. Wrong apps pop up. Wrong/multiple keystrokes, etc. At first it was only when it was attached to my computer via a USB cable. It really wouldn't function at all. I sent Hisense support an email and they confirmed that there's not enough power for the touchscreen to function properly. Personally, I think they're just compensating for a poor design. Anywho... now the screen acts up almost all the time. Even if I reboot it. It's quickly becoming unusable. I just sent them another message to see what my options are. I did buy the extra warranty but I think they should replace it.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I think I got a lemon. My touchscreen response/accuracy has gotten worse. Wrong apps pop up. Wrong/multiple keystrokes, etc. At first it was only when it was attached to my computer via a USB cable. It really wouldn't function at all. I sent Hisense support an email and they confirmed that there's not enough power for the touchscreen to function properly. Personally, I think they're just compensating for a poor design. Anywho... now the screen acts up almost all the time. Even if I reboot it. It's quickly becoming unusable. I just sent them another message to see what my options are. I did buy the extra warranty but I think they should replace it.

If you bought the warranty, call the warranty company not Hisense.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1375194371475.jpg
    1375194371475.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 37

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm a 64gb Microsdxc card works for sure on: a) storage of files like pixs, vids, music and, b) apps if rooted? The manual says 32 Gb Microsdhc is max.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm a 64gb Microsdxc card works for sure on: a) storage of files like pixs, vids, music and, b) apps if rooted? The manual says 32 Gb Microsdhc is max.

Buried somewhere in the comments, users had said they had used a 64gb card.
Do a search, and Pm the commenter directly to see how it's been working

I store pictures, videos, and music on my 32gb without issues.
I am rooted and use FolderMount to move folders that store large amounts of data to the external SD card.

The apps that install apps to the external card require you to partition the card.
I haven't done it yet, because I still have 4.5gb on the device. (running all the apps I run on my phone, on my tablet)

I use Clean Master to keep caches, and left over folders of data from uninstalled apps in check.

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Buried somewhere in the comments, users had said they had used a 64gb card.
Do a search, and Pm the commenter directly to see how it's been working

I store pictures, videos, and music on my 32gb without issues.
I am rooted and use FolderMount to move folders that store large amounts of data to the external SD card.

The apps that install apps to the external card require you to partition the card.
I haven't done it yet, because I still have 4.5gb on the device. (running all the apps I run on my phone, on my tablet)

I use Clean Master to keep caches, and left over folders of data from uninstalled apps in check.

Ok, I sent a pm.

What do you use to find folders with large amounts of data? On the Sero, I have ES file explorer. On my other tab, I also have Ghost Commander, Storage Analyzer and own but haven't yet installed Clean Master. Haven't loaded a lot of apps yet. BTW, is there some way to restore settings-at least for Google purchases- to be what you have on other devices or is it all manual?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I sent a pm.

What do you use to find folders with large amounts of data? On the Sero, I have ES file explorer. On my other tab, I also have Ghost Commander, Storage Analyzer and own but haven't yet installed Clean Master. Haven't loaded a lot of apps yet. BTW, is there some way to restore settings-at least for Google purchases- to be what you have on other devices or is it all manual?

I use Astro File Manager, you long press the folder and tap "Properties" in the pop-up box.

I keep a lot of photos on my external card,
but the thumbnails are on the internal storage.
That was one of the first folders I used FolderMount for.
Another was Downloads.

Even though I have my browser set to use the external card, all other downloads use the internal storage.

Google purchases should show automatically when you sign in to Google on a new device.
The apps will show as purchased in Google Play.

I've never used the Auto update to restore purchases to a new device, so can't comment.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
1375204046577.jpg

The setup for folder mount is pretty simple.

Name: anything you want

Source : Tap this and choose the folder you want to move from the list.

Destination: I use the default (you can choose any folder on the external card if you want)

Tap the Check Mark at the top to save.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
MV:

I will check your approach.Still not rooted. Meanwhile, I copied from my computer some pictures, movies, video (clips) music to an 8 gb microsd card being used temporarily for testing the tab. These went to folders of the same name I created on the card while on the pc. When I put the card into the Sero 7 Pro and rebooted, card is mounted and after opening the different types of files with ES File Explorer, these were then afterwards automatically seen by Gallery for pixs, MX Player, Play Movies and Gallery for video clips and movies! My only issue now is there is no sound for the MOV vid clips and an MKV movie- can see and hear an AVI movie although they all were viewable on my Thrive AT100 and pc. Music plays fine via Google Play Music.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
MV:

I will check your approach.Still not rooted. Meanwhile, I copied from my computer some pictures, movies, video (clips) music to an 8 gb microsd card being used temporarily for testing the tab. These went to folders of the same name I created on the card while on the pc. When I put the card into the Sero 7 Pro and rebooted, card is mounted and after opening the different types of files with ES File Explorer, these were then afterwards automatically seen by Gallery for pixs, MX Player, Play Movies and Gallery for video clips and movies! My only issue now is there is no sound for the MOV vid clips and an MKV movie- can see and hear an AVI movie although they all were viewable on my Thrive AT100 and pc. Music plays fine via Google Play Music.

I haven't had any sound issues when playing MOV video.
Sure the sound is turned up :)
I also use BS Player, free version for most of my video viewing.
But MOV plays in the default player without any problems.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any sound issues when playing MOV video.
Sure the sound is turned up :)
I also use BS Player, free version for most of my video viewing.
But MOV plays in the default player without any problems.

I finally got them to play in MX player which for me had been my 'go to' player. I had to tap the upper right corner to get options for hw or sw acceleration. Either worked. I still can't get Gallery or Snap Camera player to run these. Strange,

Ral10

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I sent a pm.

Response sent.

In short, 64GB microSD card works fine loaded with pictures, music, and movies/videos.

Android 4.2 Jelly Bean doesn't allow apps to be moved to SD card unless rooted. I'm an Android neophyte, so I could be wrong.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Completely off topic but I couldn't help but notice the complete oxymoron "kygator**" lol

Live in KY but huge Gator fan...most folks around here are ok with it as it's still an SEC school. And the day we lose to KY football will be a brutal day!

Sent from there can only be HTC One

Charade#WN

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I know this is a little unrelated but I now have a second Android device (MK808B TV stick). I have DISH sat service and the app on the Hisense allows access to Blockbuster and other on demand content but I only get the guide and access to my DVR on the MK808. App versions are the same. OS versions are 4.2.1 (Hisense) vs. 4.2.2 on the MK808B. I also get access to the BB and on demand content on my laptop, Anyone have a guess why? Thanks.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed after the update that their notifications have stopped? Sync is on. Nothing coming through anymore. I'm rebooting and will delve further into things to see if something somewhere is unchecked but so far haven't found anything that explains this.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed after the update that their notifications have stopped? Sync is on. Nothing coming through anymore. I'm rebooting and will delve further into things to see if something somewhere is unchecked but so far haven't found anything that explains this.

Check your 'account settings'. I've updated and get notifications.

djsunyc

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
i have the sero 7 pro unrooted. i also applied the update. (i am a tablet newbie)

i purchased a microUSB host. i plug it into the tablet and then plug in a 4gb usb stick on the other end.

the sero doesn't recognize anything. should it? and if so, what am i doing wrong?

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
i have the sero 7 pro unrooted. i also applied the update. (i am a tablet newbie)

i purchased a microUSB host. i plug it into the tablet and then plug in a 4gb usb stick on the other end.

the sero doesn't recognize anything. should it? and if so, what am i doing wrong?

Try this and see if it can see photos on the USB stick.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.homeysoft.nexususb.viewer&token=mLuRvt-_

If it can, you can use this.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.homeysoft.nexususb.importer&token=Qcpr6GZL

It will let you move files to/from a USB stick

Read this thread;
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2876177
Writing to memory stick from nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon