Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I found that when you "rush" a system update by clearing the cache on Google Play Services that it creates problems with subsequent app updates and various other things. I had to erase and reset my system to get it working properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I have been loving my sero 7 pro since before it was even officially on the market - can't remember how long that's been - only 2 or 3 months? Anyway I love it but lately the charging port seems to be loose. I'm afraid it will come altogether loose and wondering whether to get another and hope for better if I am more careful with the charging port. Anyone else notice a problem like this?

Here's an "easy" alternate charging option: [MOD] Sero 7 Pro Inductive Charging Pad - xda-developers

d0m0

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My local Walmart at Rolling Meadows, IL has the Sero 7 Lite for $79 and Pro for $129 right now.

Don't know if this is a store specific promotion or if they have reduced the price all over.

But at this price it is a great buy for someone looking for a good android tablet.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got the new nexus 7, and it is sweet; however I still think the Hisense is the best 7" tablet for the money. Nobody that I have seen is selling one for $ 149.95 with it's features. The nature of technology is that all these tablets will improve from year model to model, but I have really enjoyed the Hisense and will continue to.

FDuane

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My local Walmart at Rolling Meadows, IL has the Sero 7 Lite for $79 and Pro for $129 right now.

Don't know if this is a store specific promotion or if they have reduced the price all over.

But at this price it is a great buy for someone looking for a good android tablet.

The $129 price is now on Walmart's website.
Hisense Sero 7 Pro 7" Tablet Quad Core Processor with 8GB Memory, M470BSA: Computers : Walmart.com
The site seems to have conflicting info about whether this is a "site-to-store" item.

Jim_S

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I just ran into a bizarre problem. Whenever I launch the Browser (which to me looks like just a re-skinned Chrome; in fact I normally use Chrome but I was trying to make something work that didn't work in Chrome), the top of the screen flickers. Not the whole top, but a line from the little tab with the "+" in it that opens a new tab, over to the "|" that opens the settings menu. Also,in this same line, from the left side of the screen and continuing about 75% of the way across it, depending on screen brightness (but both problems happen at any brightness, auto or otherwise), it looks like the backlight is bleeding through! I've never seen either of these behaviors in any other app, and the backlight bleed is just really bizarre! How can software cause what looks like a hardware problem?

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Apply Geek is announcing that the LT model has been reduced to $79, and the Pro model to $129.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
30 days later and it drops $20. What a stinker!

Everything goes on sale.
And if it's a permanent price reduction, all the better.
It was a great tablet for $149, and an ever better one for $129.
I've used mine since day one, absolutely trouble free.
Runs every app my S3, and $600 tablet does.
I use it for my primary device about 9hrs a day, including all my texting, (Mighty Text).

Hook it to my TV in the evening and watch, Netflix, Amazon Prime videos, and TV Portal.

Best $149 tech purchase I've made.

Far from a stinker

Sent from my M470BSA using AC Forums mobile app

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I wish every consumer product got better and cheaper for improved features, like tablets!

Sent from my BNTV600 using AC Forums mobile app

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I picked mine up yesterday. With tax and the 2 year extended warranty mine came to $151 and change. Very nice tablet, have a case on the way and screen protectors.

The only thing I have noticed is during charging and use the back gets extremely hot, does anybody elses? I haven't had any problems with the SD card slot door being loose or not closing all the way.

Tadb123

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The back gets warm, but I have several other tablets and they all get a little warm on the back, especially if you're doing graphic intensive gaming

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The back gets warm, but I have several other tablets and they all get a little warm on the back, especially if you're doing graphic intensive gaming

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

This is definitely more than warm. I will have a case on it so it won't be a big bother to me. My iPad doesn't so this was just an observation.

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
This is definitely more than warm. I will have a case on it so it won't be a big bother to me. My iPad doesn't so this was just an observation.
A great review found here:

Hisense Sero 7 Pro review: a newcomer tries its hand at Android tablets

mentions the "too hot to touch" level of heat. If that heat is coming from the battery pack, that's something that will greatly shorten battery life. If it's from the charging circuit with the heat making its way via conduction to the battery, that's still a bad thing for the same reason.

The multiple comments here about the charging connector coming loose also concern me and makes me wonder whether the price drop to $129 might have something to do with known (to Hisense) serious flaws. Heck, even the new Nexus 7 is having significant issues:

Nexus 7 problems: What users complain about most | Digital Trends

Thus, my rule of never buying a first edition of any mobile eToy or being the first to buy any new edition when it's first introduced.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
A great review found here:

Hisense Sero 7 Pro review: a newcomer tries its hand at Android tablets

mentions the "too hot to touch" level of heat. If that heat is coming from the battery pack, that's something that will greatly shorten battery life. If it's from the charging circuit with the heat making its way via conduction to the battery, that's still a bad thing for the same reason.

The multiple comments here about the charging connector coming loose also concern me and makes me wonder whether the price drop to $129 might have something to do with known (to Hisense) serious flaws. Heck, even the new Nexus 7 is having significant issues:

Nexus 7 problems: What users complain about most | Digital Trends

Thus, my rule of never buying a first edition of any mobile eToy or being the first to buy any new edition when it's first introduced.

I'm not sure where the battery is located on this thing but my heat is coming from the top where the charging port is.

My ipad 2 has much better quality than the Sero does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure where the battery is located on this thing but my heat is coming from the top where the charging port is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

My Sero 7 Pro barely gets warm, you might want to return it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

bigbazinga

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

On the quality issue, that would be expected considering the price difference. Sounds like it's the charging circuit that's heating up and because of the all-plastic case may not be easily conducted to the battery pack.

Here is the relevant internal shot (not by me):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wVq--E8wrIQ/UaPVioGmIPI/AAAAAAAAAD0/6GShAQoqlEo/s1600/taop47.jpg

All internal shots:

SERO 7 TABLET: Hisense Sero Pro Internals - Tear Down.

vickyg2003

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I absolutely love my Hisense Sero Pro, and went to Walmart to help my friend pick up a Sero 7 Pro. We got reverse sticker shock at the 129 price tag. I had sold it as a 149 tablet. But as hard as it was to find this thing when I picked mine up, I now see that it is strategically placed in the display case so that it and it can not be seen through the glass doors. No display, no pricing info, nothing. The only thing that shows they have the thing at all, is they now have Belkin - Hisense cases on display. What are they thinking! I thought it was funny when it was new, but it seems that Walmart is going out of its way to minimize sales of this tablet.

No wonder the Hisense gets the red-haired step child treatment here. Walmart treats it as an embarassement!

Sheesh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair