Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video)

mogrith

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Rooted only did receive update notice and did update
build# P756.602.11.00

This was brought up many replies ago, but no definitive answer yet...

Did rooting the device preclude the "official" Hisense updates (kind of like jail-breaking)? For those who had successfully completed the latest update, was your device rooted? Stock Rom?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
What determines what 'normal' is? Heat lowers battery life. The Sero 7 Pro is the only device I have ever used that heat is noticeable besides the Spectrum 2. I've gone through so many phones my credit card cries every time I go for it and the only other tablet I've used is my iPad 2. To me it just seems strange that manufactures would be okay with heat like that.

Each electronic component has heat tolerance specs many of which are probably far beyond what is comfortable to hold in hand. I consider this minor heat issue a by product of low cost manufacturing. Considering the problems I read about on other tablets I am very happy to have a nearly pure Android experience with no issues. We have bluetooth, gps, hdmi out, and nfc for under $150. Nobody else has that.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been keeping my Sero 7 plugged in to power at home when not using it to keep charged up and limiting full charge cycles which can limit battery life. This is what I've done with my Thrive AT 100 for 2+ years. What I'm finding though on the Sero is the connection at the micro USB port is getting loose. My advice is to not use this method and let the battery run a full cycle to minimize a failure at the connection. FWIW.

gberpa

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I got my Poetic case from Amazon-had one for over 2 years for my Thrive. The first one sent was for the Lt model but the replacement is now in hand. I got mine for $9.95 but due to the mistake by Amazon and a shipping glitch by their vendor, I got $6 off. It fits perfect-cut outs for all things needed -even speakers, is lightweight. The price varies day to day. but recently went up to $12.95. My only (minor) complaint compared to Thrive case is that the magnetic latch won't hold. This is probably because they added needed extra stitching for business card/misc items slots and 2 slots for micro sd cards. Also, it has a loop for a small stylus and an elastic band with PU leather to hold in portrait mode. The elastic band goes around to the front and can be used for more secure closure. Nice item, well made. See my earlier post for link.

A second case sent by supplier (mistake) has a functional magnetic latch.

Last edited:

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I got my Poetic case from Amazon-had one for over 2 years for my Thrive. The first one sent was for the Lt model but the replacement is now in hand. I got mine for $9.95 but due to the mistake by Amazon and a shipping glitch by their vendor, I got $6 off. It fits perfect-cut outs for all things needed -even speakers, is lightweight. The price varies day to day. but recently went up to $12.95. My only (minor) complaint compared to Thrive case is that the magnetic latch won't hold. This is probably because they added needed extra stitching for business card/misc items slots and 2 slots for micro sd cards. Also, it has a loop for a small stylus and an elastic band with PU leather to hold in portrait mode. The elastic band goes around to the front and can be used for more secure closure. Nice item, well made. See my earlier post for link.

Thanks, I was waiting for someone to review this case .

I still use my Sero without a case, when I carrying it I keep it in a Blackberry PlayBook envelope case.
Amazon.com : Research in Motion Leather Envelope for BlackBerry PlayBook - Black (ACC-39317-301) : Touch Screen Tablet Computer Cases : Electronics

ea7770

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I too have been amazed that there isn't some giant display of them. You would think that Walmart would be shoving these things down their customers throats. When I bought mine, I had to actually ask one of the employees where they were as I couldn't find them! The only thing that I can think of is that their profit margin on them must be so low that they don't care how many they sell.

I also agree that we're getting the red-headed step child treatment here at android central, relegating us to a few threads instead of an actual sub forum of our own. I think we'd have a ton more activity if we actually had out own forum. As it is now, it's almost impossible to even find this thread unless you're hardcore digging for some Sero 7 info.

I absolutely love my Hisense Sero Pro, and went to Walmart to help my friend pick up a Sero 7 Pro. We got reverse sticker shock at the 129 price tag. I had sold it as a 149 tablet. But as hard as it was to find this thing when I picked mine up, I now see that it is strategically placed in the display case so that it and it can not be seen through the glass doors. No display, no pricing info, nothing. The only thing that shows they have the thing at all, is they now have Belkin - Hisense cases on display. What are they thinking! I thought it was funny when it was new, but it seems that Walmart is going out of its way to minimize sales of this tablet.

No wonder the Hisense gets the red-haired step child treatment here. Walmart treats it as an embarassement!

Sheesh.

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
When I first tried the OTG cable adapter it did not work. I installed the Nexus Media Importer APK and it works fine now with my 1 terabyte portable WD hard drive.
Just installed the app too and presto my external drive came alive....Thank you, I didn't know about this app before.:cool:

asaulo1

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up my hisense sero pro and am blown away by the value of this tablet. I was thinking of picking up the new nexus 7 but really couldn't justify the extra $100. The hisense has most of the features of the new nexus 7 plus the micro SD slot. The display is really quite good except for its penchant for keeping fingerprints. For $129, this tablet is a great buy.

Joe Barry

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up my hisense sero pro and am blown away by the value of this tablet. I was thinking of picking up the new nexus 7 but really couldn't justify the extra $100. The hisense has most of the features of the new nexus 7 plus the micro SD slot. The display is really quite good except for its penchant for keeping fingerprints. For $129, this tablet is a great buy.
I totally agree with you, except I already had the Nexus 7 FHD, the Sero 7 Pro is a great tablet; just add this screen protector it doesn't show fingerprints and you're all set. Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Hisense Sero 7 Pro M470BSA Crystal Clear Screen Protectors with Anti-Bubble/Anti-Fingerprint - 3-Pack + Lifetime Replacements: Computers & Accessories

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
If you must have a screen protector for the sero 7 pro. Go to Xtreme guard website. Choose whatever version you want and use this code "83off3". You must have three items in your check out for it to work, but it'll take 83% entire order. Plus free shipping. I order a front screen for the tablet 15$ and two s3 screen protector 5$ each totaling 25$. Entered the code and prices reduced to 4.25$ shipped. No taxes too. Hopefully code still works, but get hot on it.

Having the screen protector helped dramatically with finger prints/smudges. They're non existent.

jimmyparky

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problem with my microsd 64gb. I wasn't able to play some of the movies after putting them on the card so I thought maybe it was a format issue, so I took it out of the tab and put it on usb adapter and formatted to FAT32 again. What i noticed was after about 4 videos totaling little over 4GB whatever i put on wasn't playing. It seems to only recognize it as a file and doesn't show any frame size, length etc. only file size. I thought it was the problem with the movie, but it didn't matter which movie. If I put on 5 of the same movies, first 4 would play and 5th wouldn't. Do you think it's the problem with the microsd card? I didn't have a spare so I couldn't test with another card. Next thing is to go get another card. I bought this generic microsd from ebay for about $20. So I'm thinking it must be bad.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm having problem with my microsd 64gb. I wasn't able to play some of the movies after putting them on the card so I thought maybe it was a format issue, so I took it out of the tab and put it on usb adapter and formatted to FAT32 again. What i noticed was after about 4 videos totaling little over 4GB whatever i put on wasn't playing. It seems to only recognize it as a file and doesn't show any frame size, length etc. only file size. I thought it was the problem with the movie, but it didn't matter which movie. If I put on 5 of the same movies, first 4 would play and 5th wouldn't. Do you think it's the problem with the microsd card? I didn't have a spare so I couldn't test with another card. Next thing is to go get another card. I bought this generic microsd from ebay for about $20. So I'm thinking it must be bad.

It's quite possibly not a 64gb card. There are a lot of fake cards on eBay.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...xdev.sdcardtester.SDCardTester&token=zENnN3Vz

I have dozens of movies & TV shows on my 32gb card and no problems playing them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

jimmyparky

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
tablet reads it as 64gb and EaseUS Partition Master indicates it as 64GB. I don't have problem moving the files, it just won't play. Funny thing is, once it starts to not play any movies I could erase all the files and start fresh and it still won't play any. I'd have to reformat in order to play first 3-4 movies.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
tablet reads it as 64gb and EaseUS Partition Master indicates it as 64GB. I don't have problem moving the files, it just won't play. Funny thing is, once it starts to not play any movies I could erase all the files and start fresh and it still won't play any. I'd have to reformat in order to play first 3-4 movies.

A card that has been changed to report a higher capacity will report the manipulated size. It takes an app or pc program to determine it's correct size.

You still should check the card to determine that it is OK.
Your symptoms are those of a bad card.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just an FYI to anybody who may be returning the tablet for whatever reason: I returned mine today and ran into problems, part of it was employees. The service desk called up somebody from electronics to check over the tablet before they accepted the return. The first guy said they wouldn't accept the return because the serial number on the box didn't match the serial number on the tablet, I started getting frustrated and insisted somebody else come look at it. Eventually somebody else came up to compare serial numbers....she said as well the numbers didn't match, she was then on the phone for a while and they ended up accepting the return. I also got the 2 year extended warranty with my Sero Pro, I ordered it online and did the pickup in store. The guy that rang up my tablet when I got it didn't ring up the extra warranty so it didn't appear on the receipt, I showed them the confirmation emails for the service plan and the invoice that showed the service plan and tablet and they still wouldn't give me a refund for the extended warranty. They gave me a number for Walmart.com and said I had to call them to get a refund for my extended warranty......I haven't called yet but will be this evening. I was at the store an hour for all this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance