07-30-2016 12:54 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    I have had a Hudl for a week, but live in France and have found it impossible to connect to my wfi or anyone else's. If you live outside the U.K a Hudle will probably not work and without the internet, it is a piece of equipment with no use whatsoever.
    It should pick up and connect to the internet if you enter the right log-in details for whichever wireless network you are on.
    03-29-2014 07:15 AM
    If the USB connection being at the "bottom" is a problem, I suggest:

Using a right angle plug like: USBAUB2MD - STARTECH - LEAD, USB A-DOWN ANGLE MICRO B | CPC (or their "up-angle" alternative);

Putting the Hudl the other way up...

Mike.
    04-29-2014 09:46 AM
    Realise this reply is a year late but in case you still have the issues I had the same . . . . . . . until i relaised that if you take the unit out of its case (i have the black leather one) then the problem goes away. Figure that its the magnetic catch they use to hold the case shut affects the product it's protecting. Pretty dumb, but work-around-able. This doesn't affect the gps sensor just the magnetic field one. Otherwise really impressed with my hudl and no other issues.
    08-26-2014 06:30 PM
    tesco hudl 2 update problem can't get past update screen: can't verify update

Had the same problem.

Resolved:

Tried it a few times - same error
    Switched off device using power button
    Tried again a couple more times - success

So, rather than send it back you should just keep trying for a while and it will resolve itself - have seen similar posts on other forums.

Good luck!
    11-01-2014 10:16 AM
    I have the latest tech stuff, IPhone 6 and the latest Ipad but I had not tried android before this although we provided the Kindle Fire to our in laws.

I decided to try the new Hudl 2 as it was cheap.

My experience with this device is life changing and bad for Apple.

I have tested everything on the Hudl that I do on the IPhone 6 and latest IPad.

I have found that I now use this device all the time in preference to my Ipad.

The only gripe is that I have to switch it properly off and on again to get it to charge up sometimes.

The music sounds great on IPhone ear buds and the videos are nearly as good as on the IPad.

I just do not know how they do this for the low price. I think that Tesco must be doing this as a loss leader to drag in customers but you don't need to use it for that.

If you need a tablet for your squalling kids or yourselves, I am 53. Get one of these before they are all gone.

Kind Regards,

Selwyn
    11-23-2014 05:37 PM
    My hudl is glitching out. I try typing and it adds letters I try deleting and it adds more letters! I also try deleting apps to stop it glitching but it then freezes. When I try unlocking it just goes onto clock.
    12-20-2014 06:32 AM
    Hi
    had the same problem/ Go to settings/scroll down to display./reset touch screen/ and follow instructions. I had to do this a couple of times , but it is now fine
    02-16-2015 02:13 PM
    I have had a Hudl for a week, but live in France and have found it impossible to connect to my wfi or anyone else's. If you live outside the U.K a Hudle will probably not work and without the internet, it is a piece of equipment with no use whatsoever.
    I travel in Europe extensively on, particularly, classic motoring events. Until my b'day earlier this summer I always took my laptop to download and process photos, and maintain business communications. My partner kindly presented me with a Tesco 'Hudl 2' which worked as required at work and home. I took it to France last week, but was unable to connect to free wi-fi offered in hypermarkets, hotels, or elsewhere. I persuaded the proprietor of the last hotel to log me into his business server, but the Hudl wouldn't have it. On each occasion the Chrome homepage displayed a warning saying my privacy was at risk, as soon as I typed in a URL. It barred further progress. I tried going in 'incognito', but with the same lack of success. I had loaded 'Secure Anywhere Mobile' via the Playstore on setting up the tablet, so how was my privacy at risk? I think Tony Collins 2 has confirmed my opinion, that the device is useless outside the UK. What a waste of money!
    08-13-2015 12:20 PM
    I live in France and it works just fine, seeing as wifi is the same the world over i am not surprised
    12-04-2015 11:00 AM
    I had the Hudl 2 and at the time, i liked the tablet before it gave up on me with a blue box that wouldn't let me use it, can't remember what it said but then I got an iPad and Samsung Note 4 which outdone the Hudl2 by a thousand miles.
    07-30-2016 12:54 PM
85 ... 234