Verizon Ellipsis Initial Discussions

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I did not see a thread specifically for the Verizon branded Ellipsis 7 inch tablet. I received one as a Christmas present from my office and so I am starting to become familiar with it and want to learn more about what I can do with it. Is it possible to set up a sub-forum for this device, or is it too obscure to warrant it's own?

If a sub-forum is not created, perhaps this can be the thread to discuss the Ellipsis?

So, here is my first topic to discuss about the Ellipsis:

I want to see if I can connect the tablet to my HD tv at home. I have a Galaxy S3 phone which I can connect to my TV using a very specialized connecting cable with a power supply dongle cable. I'm wondering if the Ellipsis can use the same cable, or if it can use a more basic microUSB to HDMI cable.

Perhaps there is a basic way to connect android tablets to a HDMI outlet on a TV, and perhaps that would work for the Ellipsis. I'm wondering if anyone can say, or at least point me in the direction of basic streaming via wifi from a tablet to your HD tv.

Thanks, and maybe an Ellipsis sub-forum will be created?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your initiative! Creation of subforums by the Moderators depends on the demand and how popular a given device may be. To be honest, I don't think there are a huge number of Ellipsis users out there compared to some of the other big name tablets. But what you're doing is helpful!

To connect your device to an HDTV, I would guess you'd specifically need a microUSB to HDMI OTG cable. What do you want to display on the TV? Have you considered a Chromecast?

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
And now, for another question...I'm not sure if it is Ellipsis specific or not...

The available space to store apps seems to be about 1GB. The device has 8 GB total, and when I view Storage, I have 3.71 GB available tablet space. I currently have 1.09 GB of applications. And the available app space is currently 53.47 MB. Is there a way to designate more storage space to be available for apps?

I currently do not have a micro SD card installed. I plan to, but haven't yet got around to it. I suppose I could install apps to the card (I need to learn about doing that too). But I would like to know if I have control over designating the allocation of storage space available for app installation.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not usually. The allocation is pretty fixed, unless you root and re partition it. But dev support for this device is probably pretty low of any

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Philip Auel

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have an ellpsis 7 there are no HDMI for it sadly how ever if your TV really is a HDTV should have a receiver on it like my go to setting on the ellpsis turn on wireless display can stream movies, music, and photos to the TV that way. If your TV does not have a WiDi (wireless display) built in no worries not out to pricey but for about $20 on amazon or Walmart even best buy can get a WiDi HDMI adpator. Go to Google play and download utorrent and on your tablet open Google chrome go to kickass.to can download movies and music free also install VLC Joe can play any format video and audio.

Last edited by a moderator:

onita jarman

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hiya, I, too, got a 'droid tablet in form of a VERIZON Ellipsis. Never had anything like it before!! It ROCKS!! Only have had a desk-top 'puter. Not only cruising the 'net but also writing 1st draft of my novel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2