03-22-2018 05:42 AM
103 12345
tools
    Unfortunately, my RCT6103W46 keeps booting into the Recovery Mode and doing a factory reset doesn't do a bit of good. Does anyone have this tablet and is willing to make a backup ROM that I can use? I'm convinced that my only option at this point is to flash a new ROM. Until then, it may as well be a paper weight.
    Batt4Christ likes this.
    04-18-2015 06:59 AM
    Well - the MicroSD card idea is great... if one can find the Firmware to put ON an SD card!
    04-18-2015 05:34 PM
    You too? I picked up and booted mine (same model) last night, was greeted to the firmware update notice. I tapped to install it... and bam.. that nasty recovery screen that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to fix it... Sigh
    RCA Tablet stuck at logo boot screen-120l5sp.jpg

We just need a recovery ROM to put on a microSD card. Geeze...

Unfortunately, my RCT6103W46 keeps booting into the Recovery Mode and doing a factory reset doesn't do a bit of good. Does anyone have this tablet and is willing to make a backup ROM that I can use? I'm convinced that my only option at this point is to flash a new ROM. Until then, it may as well be a paper weight.
    04-18-2015 05:36 PM
    Select “wipe data/factory reset
    Select “yes”
    Go to “mounts and storage”
    Select “format /boot”
    Select “yes”
    Select “format /system”
    Select “yes”
    Back out of that menu to the main one again and select “advanced”
    Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”
    Select “yes”
    Well - I don't have any of those options available after "wipe data/factory reset".
    04-18-2015 05:45 PM
    I tried factory reset, wiping the cache, then rebooting. Nothing, still goes back to Recovery Mode. Is there anyone on this planet with a working version of this tablet who is willing to backup their ROM for us?
    04-18-2015 10:58 PM
    PLease Help me with this

I have the same problem, my rca tablet stuck on logo screen, walmart wouldnt replace it so i contacted rca and with a receipt they fixed it for free. But we had it working about 2 weeks and then it went back to the logo screen. I would like to know how to fix this problem, cuz rca will not fix it again without the receipt which they kept from the first time.
    04-24-2015 12:36 PM
    i had to get motherboard off ebay for 13.00 installed it back to normal
    05-23-2015 07:27 PM
    this worked for me after I used a safety pin to press button on back of tablet to shut it down, ( reset button ) then I used volume + on back of tablet, not key board and pushed power button at the same time, was able to factory reset the tablet, thanks
    05-26-2015 07:49 PM
    im having the same issue with my tablet.. i just bought it for christmas. I cant get it to load past the RCA logo screen! I LOVE my tablet and was on it the majority of days. I too have tried contacting RCA and emailing them and they NEVER respond!! I feel like just smashing it on the concrete seeing as i cant get any working answers to resolve this!!
    I have the same exact problem .
    06-26-2015 06:22 PM
    Hi All;

my son's rca tablet had the same issue, stuck on the RCA logo screen.
    several attempts with the paperclip, hard reset or holding down the power button did not work.

it recovered, only after a master clear / factory reset : using the recovery menu (with the volume up + power key press)

Note: after the factory reset it was stuck on the RCA logo screen for several minutes
    but finally rebooted as new:

after login in with his google account; all the games and apps came back
    was not that bad

hope that helps
    07-12-2015 12:34 PM
    I guess I'm the only one with this problem.... No one has any ideas?
    I did the hold power button and volume u . Had to do it about 5 times then I got the android menu. Did the wipe data did not backup because I think the little girl may have put a badbapp on. Anyway had to do the wipe data twice but it worked!!! Also to get RCA TO REPLY TO EMAILS Start your email like this: "I have heard RCA never responds to email . I HOPE THIS IS NOT TRUE. " THEY WILL ANSWER YOUR EmAIL I hope this is helpful to everyone
    07-25-2015 06:54 PM
    That worked perfectly for me. Thanks!
    10-21-2015 04:33 PM
    I having a bit of trouble with my tablet and I can't seem to find any help online.I'm not quite sure what model my RCA tablet is but I am unable to sign in to my tablet, I think this is because a message is displayed every time I shut down and restart that says "Unfortunately, Google has stopped working".I have come to the conclusion that this message that blocks the area in which I enter my password is why this is happening.This message prevents the on-screen keyboard from even appearing.I can't access anything on my tablet other than the lock screen

I'm sorry for rambling but I am in desperate need of help.
    11-02-2015 12:13 AM
    I having a bit of trouble with my tablet and I can't seem to find any help online.I'm not quite sure what model my RCA tablet is but I am unable to sign in to my tablet, I think this is because a message is displayed every time I shut down and restart that says "Unfortunately, Google has stopped working".I have come to the conclusion that this message that blocks the area in which I enter my password is why this is happening.This message prevents the on-screen keyboard from even appearing.I can't access anything on my tablet other than the lock screen

I'm sorry for rambling but I am in desperate need of help.
    See response in your other thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ml#post4795563
    11-02-2015 01:14 PM
    i am having the same problem have you found a solution
    11-20-2015 06:25 PM
    me too .
    we have the same tablet ..
    it all happened because of that "Firmware Update" thing .. and then it says error and there it is .. no command.
    11-29-2015 11:21 PM
    I pressed only power button till 2 dogs screen come and go, as soon as this 2 dogs screen go i release the power button and press the volume up button for around 10 second. when i release the power up button the green android logo come with text " no command", then again press the volume up button and it will led to menu.
    Best luck....
    Thank you forum, my tablet is working now.
    12-24-2015 01:35 PM
    I am having the same problem. I did find this, but it didnt work right for me. Maybe you will have more luck.
    ]
    You can perform a hard reset on your tablet 2 ways. The first is by going into Settings>backup and reset and choosing the Factory Data Reset option.
    If you are stuck at the startup screen or a password/pattern screen and cannot boot into the system, you will need to use method 2, which is booting into recovery mode. Have the tablet powered off first and make sure you have more than 50% charge on the battery. Boot into recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons. At the RCA logo screen, let go of the volume up button and you should next see an android image. Press and hold the power button and tap the volume up button once more and you will be brought to the recovery mode menu. From here, you will need to use your volume up and down buttons to scroll and navigate to the wipe data/factory reset option and use the power button to confirm. When the process is done, go ahead and reboot and your tablet will be set to factory original settings

Let me know if it works for any of you. For me, I followed the directions but nothing happened, it was just stuck at the android menu. I turned it off. Now when I hold the 2 buttons it just flashes white quickly and the menu wont come up anymore.
    After you do the restore in your above directions turn off and back on normally it will "update Android" and Google will supply an restore apps option however I came across this issue of it getting froze on start up when I pushed the memory limits with data being stored on hard drive not sdcard hope this helps you and other people that are stuck BTW if you have selected reboot option from the recovery mode it may act up again so be calm just restart again like normal good luck everyone
    02-13-2016 02:15 AM
    I have tried everything No combination any of it brings me a menu. Its stuck turning on the logo screen and turning off over and over
    LADYB1268 likes this.
    03-08-2016 10:41 AM
    My RCA tablet is stuck on safe mode after a few reboots. I cannot power off my tablet. So I'm going to go to you tube and see if I can find some videos that can help me.
    03-23-2016 06:23 PM
    Hello,
    I have a 7" RCA Tablet Dual core. Model RCT6378W2. The Tablet started getting slow with loading web pages and apps. So I turned it off and restarted it. It started up and stopped at the RCA logo screen. It will not progress past that screen. I have gone into the Android system recovery screen, performed a factory reset, and wiped the cache, but still no luck. I have searched on the internet to see if I could find either a stock ROM or a custom ROM to try and reload the OS, but am having no luck with that either.

I have also attempted to root it using Kingo, but it won't recognize it since I can't turn on the USB debugging mode (This tablet was not previously rooted BTW). I'm not really sure where to go with this. Is there any hope for getting it working again, or is a just a paper weight now?
    On back of tablet top a very small hole use toothpick or something very small press for about 4 seconds when screen is blank hold power and up volume until screen comes on release a few seconds screen should come up go to data factory reset will wipe ur tab
    03-24-2016 05:02 PM
    I went to turn it on for doing homework so I turned it on and It hasn't went past that screen 4 hours I'm gonna take it to a store and unlock it and if that does not work yall send in me a new one.
    03-25-2016 11:31 PM
    my sons rca 7in voyager tablet is stuck in boot loop. been now for a month. tried putting in a micro usb from my phone to the tablet and resetting it with the buttons. nothing even tried mulitple ways. and tried looking on xda that went over my head didnt understand anything. Im hopping i dont have to flash the recovery image on the the sd card. if i knew how and had directions to follow i would but im pretty much lost. any help i appreciate ty
    03-29-2016 09:28 AM
    I have the RCA 10 viking pro for my son. We actually brought 2 of them and I downloaded the same games on both and my kids watch the same videos on youtube but only one of the tablets is giving me problems. It keeps restarting itself. It doesn't go past the viking pro screen. And when I can get it to factory reset it works for a few days and then goes into autoreboot mode and it takes forever to get back to the screen to wipe it clean. I don't know what else to do. Help please.
    04-03-2016 09:38 PM
    I am so glad I so your post I have been looking for this number.
    04-03-2016 09:54 PM
103 12345