US Cellular phone help

golddeath

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
My contract with Sprint expires in late November and i will be moving to US Cellular because they have superior coverage in my area (southeastern WI ) and i could use some suggestions on a new android phone to get. are there any rumored devices launching in the holiday season? Thanks

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
There are some new Android phones coming out in the next couple of months. I think at least one of them is supposed to be 4G even. Definitely keep an eye out for the new releases on the way.

hilgerone

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the merge and really like it. If you are interested in the side slide it is very nice. Don't let the middle of the road (by today's standards) 800mhz processor worry you. I have never felt this phone to be laggy in the least. And now with the update to Sense 2.1 and Gingerbread it really is a complete phone. It is a little heavy but feels very well built. Screen is crisp, call quality is good. My only complaint is sort of twofold. Without a case it is somewhat difficult to slide open with the tight spring mechanism and the smooth rounded edge around the screen half of the phone. And the second half of the complaint is that the USC case that snaps on to the phone, while making it easier to open and close, sometimes causes the back battery cover to come of easily. I realize it isn't easy to get a case to stay on a slider compared to a candybar style phone but still...
All that said, I am going to look at the Motorola Electrify (which is the exact same as the Photon thru Sprint) very seriously. My two main reasons are the brighter screen as I work outdoors a lot, and the ability to get a good solid otterbox case for it as I'm a little rough phones. It should be out in the next 30 days.
So I don't think you can go wrong either way. If you need a phisical QWERTY then the Merge wont dissapoint. If you want a little bigger screen and some added features like front facing camera, and faster internals, the Electrify will be a great choice.
I'm sure the Electrify will be priced a little higher too.
From what I've seen these will still be your two best choices till the end of the year. The only phone I wouldn't be surprised to come to USC early next year would be the Samsung galaxy s 2. But from all I've seen it really isn't significantly better than the Electrify nor is it a sure thing to come to USC.
Hope this helps!

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Uscc is planning on bringing out 4g around xmas time

A good phone as of now is the electrify. Its pretty fast. And has dual cams and alot of other bells and whistles.

I myself have the mesmerize. Which is a great phone but i suggest that if you chose this phone dont get the 2.3 update. Its real glitchy and has given me alot of problems since its been on the phone.

In a couple days im goin back to a bb im gettin the new 9350. I will be selling my mesmerize then.

creakyoldfart

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been with USCC for about 8 years now. Coverage is great in our area, customer service through 611 is good. Customer service in their walk-in stores his usually horrible. In stores with a tech department, service quality depends on the tech. Many of them appear to not give a rat's heinie about taking care of customers.

The biggest issue is their phone selection is always behind everyone else. I assume that not jumping on the bandwagon for each new phone that comes out helps keeps costs down? Or more importantly from the company viewpoint, profits up.

We've looked at changing carriers pretty much yearly (every time the lousy in-store cust.service pisses me off), but so far, their prices for service can't be beat in this area.

comk4ver

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Must be sprint because here in california it's the same thing. But I had crappy service so I jumped ship.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I know the OP is fairly old and the person posting it has probably switched already. But if you're thinking of leaving Sprint for USCC, I'd think twice about giving up that unlimited data...see HERE

Andrea100689

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't suggest the 4G Aviator, Hold out for more options. I'm planning to return mine this week and go back to my HTC Desire until a bigger selection (Not Samsung) is available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol