Red Pocket LOST my data

2FacedMayor

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If you weren't already thinking about switching away from Red Pocket after they cut their data down to 1 gig, listen to this. TL;DR version: Red Pocket stopped my data on their 1 gig plan even though I've only used less than 200 MB this service month.

Early in July I decided to say "what the hell" and renew my service for another month on the newer 54.99 "unlimited" plan. Red Pocket was a decent company, I thought, and I figured I could get by on the one gigabyte.

I bought a pin off CallingMart and entered it in. On the 26th my service renewed for another month.

On the third of this month (about one week since I started the plan) I noticed my Galaxy Nexus was having some trouble receiving data. At first I was pissed off at my phone but my girlfriend suggested "maybe you just wasted your data."

Not possible, I figured, since according to my phone's data tracker I had only used something like 190 MB since my service renewed on the 27th. I checked Red Pocket's site though and they said my remaining data was 0 MB.

Now, this was clearly wrong, as my phone reflected, but I thought there had to be a rational explanation, something they could fix for me. Maybe with the plans changing, my data didn't reflect correctly.

I got on the horn with one of their live chat reps and explained my problem. His response? "It says here you used all your data so you used all your data." He then gave me a lecture about turning off background data, streaming, blah blah blah.

I asked him if he had a record of my data use by day and he said he'd send me one. The report I received, though, was a list of when I had received or sent text messages.

I feel embarrassed for having recommended RP to so many people. I even considered becoming one of their dealers. With no data off Wi-Fi for this month, though, I think I'm going to defect to Straight Talk.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you weren't already thinking about switching away from Red Pocket after they cut their data down to 1 gig, listen to this. TL;DR version: Red Pocket stopped my data on their 1 gig plan even though I've only used less than 200 MB this service month.

Early in July I decided to say "what the hell" and renew my service for another month on the newer 54.99 "unlimited" plan. Red Pocket was a decent company, I thought, and I figured I could get by on the one gigabyte.

I bought a pin off CallingMart and entered it in. On the 26th my service renewed for another month.

On the third of this month (about one week since I started the plan) I noticed my Galaxy Nexus was having some trouble receiving data. At first I was pissed off at my phone but my girlfriend suggested "maybe you just wasted your data."

Not possible, I figured, since according to my phone's data tracker I had only used something like 190 MB since my service renewed on the 27th. I checked Red Pocket's site though and they said my remaining data was 0 MB.

Now, this was clearly wrong, as my phone reflected, but I thought there had to be a rational explanation, something they could fix for me. Maybe with the plans changing, my data didn't reflect correctly.

I got on the horn with one of their live chat reps and explained my problem. His response? "It says here you used all your data so you used all your data." He then gave me a lecture about turning off background data, streaming, blah blah blah.

I asked him if he had a record of my data use by day and he said he'd send me one. The report I received, though, was a list of when I had received or sent text messages.

I feel embarrassed for having recommended RP to so many people. I even considered becoming one of their dealers. With no data off Wi-Fi for this month, though, I think I'm going to defect to Straight Talk.

That sucks! A friend of mine uses them with no issues so far. Is there anyway possible that you may have used all your data? I know for many 1gig does not go all that far these days. I normally use less than 1gig a month on AT&T.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

2FacedMayor

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Not a chance. Even if we assume that my phone somehow didn't record 800 mb of data use, I never stream music and video or download anything unless I'm on Wi-Fi. Lately I only listen to my pre-loaded music with Google Play Music when I'm out and about.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Not a chance. Even if we assume that my phone somehow didn't record 800 mb of data use, I never stream music and video or download anything unless I'm on Wi-Fi. Lately I only listen to my pre-loaded music with Google Play Music when I'm out and about.

No good! Let us know how the change to Strait Talk goes! I am considering them in the future after my contract if up if plans become ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton