Switching to Net10

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on att with very good coverage where I live. I'm paying more or less close to 200 for two smart phones. If I removed some optional stuff I'll still pay about 180-190 with taxes. Can anybody think of a good reason not to switch to N10 on the att network. I'll be giving up LTE but hspa+ coverage is excellent. Bottom line is ill be saving about $90 a month. So far it makes sense to me. The cancelaci?n fees on both phones will pay for itself in about 6 months. What's the downside?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll be giving up LTE

Why do you say that? I was looking at Net10 today and I talked to Net10 directly and to a local Net10 reseller and they both told me if I brought my AT&T Note 2 to them, it would work on 4G and LTE the same as if it was activated on AT&T directly. Were they BS'ing me?

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, austriak. I continued looking around for more info and that was the impression I was getting from other threads here and on XDA.

The only thing it left me wondering was if Net10 used to not have access to LTE, but if they've changed recently and do have LTE now.

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
FYI, MetroPCS is offering Unlimited Talk, Text and Data on 4G LTE for $55/month.

But, it is CDMA and it looks like it's on the Sprint network. So, Unlimited LTE - if you stand in this one spot.... ;)

m_mcgranahan

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Did you get your S3 to work with Net10? I still can't get data on my S3 and it been really tough to get answers from their tech support! What APN settings did you use?

Thanks
God bless...
Mark

StuartV

Allergic to Stupid
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Just for the record, I emailed Net10 and got email back from their Tech Support stating that AT&T phones on Net10 DO get 4G LTE service. But, I have not made the leap yet, so I cannot confirm that it works.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
You can get data on net10 on an s3. There are some tricks to make even faster. Don't use the proxy. You do need the mms settings and the apn.

rhcreed

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with net10? Getting a nexus 4 soon and want to avoid a contract.

big concern is not loosing my number (straight talk seems like they will drop you without a good reason).

mckbulldog02

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I use Net10 with the Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 2 on AT&T's version. I get the 4G symbol on my devices. Here are the APN settings I currently use

APN Name : Net10
APN: tfdata
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MMS Port: 80

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with net10? Getting a nexus 4 soon and want to avoid a contract.

big concern is not loosing my number (straight talk seems like they will drop you without a good reason).

Just an FYI...Net10 and Strait Talk are owned by the same company. However Net10 seems to have real public rules about data. Data is the issue with ST users. Spend the extra few bucks on Net10 and don't lose your account! Thats what I would do. I have att for cheap so I'm sticking with them for now.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
These settings will definitely work for mms etc. I purchased and installed teatherme in cidia to gain access to network settings which was the hardest thing to figure out. It took me a while to figure out the process and settings necessary to make it work. There is lots of erroneous information in the various forums as to how to get this working.

7a9aty6e.jpg

qu9y7ama.jpg

udasuje2.jpg

Joe Gray II

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
You can buy them at: Best Buy, Gamestop, Target (sometimes), K-Mart (sometimes). I got everything I needed to switch over my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3, at my local Gamestop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge