Switching to Net10

deano131

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
^^^ This^^^ Ordered my Net10 sim on ebay for .99 free shipping.. In transient. I also ordered a sim cutter on ebay for $4.00 free shipping. My current ST Tmo sim came in standard size and I cut it down with scissors with no problems before I know about the sim cutter tool.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
How does the sim cutter tool work? Can't we get on off of Amazon? I have seen them posted on there before. Just not sure whats a good one?
thanks

clockcycle

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
You can get data on net10 on an s3. There are some tricks to make even faster. Don't use the proxy. You do need the mms settings and the apn.

Recent APN setting suggest leaving line pertaining to the proxy empty, for smart phones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

clockcycle

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience with net10? Getting a nexus 4 soon and want to avoid a contract.

big concern is not loosing my number (straight talk seems like they will drop you without a good reason).

Net10 "service" is essentially the same as straight talk. They are both tracfone, straight tall is the discounted version for Walmart. Except net10 now has that 1.5gb hard data cap for art byop Sim.

clockcycle

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
How does the sim cutter tool work? Can't we get on off of Amazon? I have seen them posted on there before. Just not sure whats a good one?
thanks

It looks like a small stapler. You have to insert the larger Sim and it will carve/pop out the smaller template. NOTE you have to align the Sim correctly to get the right cut. I suggest buying a simple mobile or obtain some other micro Sim to compare alignment. Misalign and you will get invalid Sim, no Sim...

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Guy at Gamestop was really trying to push the sale on me today. Unfortunately for him my Verizon contract still has 8 months to go. Anyone do this regularly with Gamestop? It DOES seem like a good deal and I only use about 1 gig/mo. Thinking about getting a Nexus in December (hopefully a new one will be out by then) so I'll probably be moving on from Verizon.

How much trouble is it to port your number from Net10 if you move on? I used to do TracFone and I ended up getting a new number when I got my Verizon phone which was annoying.

Beavers253

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a BYOP pack at Dollar General for $10. It includes a full size sim for TMobile, a full size sim for AT&T, and a micro size sim for AT&T.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Where can you buy Net10 Micro SIM Cards? I cant find any online. I was going to do the same.

If you or anyone else still needs one, PM me your address and I'll send you one free. I bought two Net10 AT&T SIMs (they're regular SIMs cut to micro) from an eBay seller because I needed one and possibly another. Well, the fine print said that if the SIMs weren't activated I would get negative feedback, and I didn't notice that part until after I purchased them. Turned out I only needed one. If someone will use it I'll put it in the mail tomorrow.

Net10 so far for me has been great! No problems at all. I'm using it in a Lumia 920, and after I got the APNs configured properly both data and MMS are working perfectly.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If you or anyone else still needs one, PM me your address and I'll send you one free. I bought two Net10 AT&T SIMs (they're regular SIMs cut to micro) from an eBay seller because I needed one and possibly another. Well, the fine print said that if the SIMs weren't activated I would get negative feedback, and I didn't notice that part until after I purchased them. Turned out I only needed one. If someone will use it I'll put it in the mail tomorrow.

Net10 so far for me has been great! No problems at all. I'm using it in a Lumia 920, and after I got the APNs configured properly both data and MMS are working perfectly.

PM Sent! Thanks for the great offer!!

Nexus4Buyer

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
For anyone looking for SIMS and micro SIMS you can get them directly (albeit a little expensively) straight from NET10: https://www.net10.com/direct/ShopSims?lang=en&app=NET10

UPDATE: I can confirm that the zip code that it prompts you to enter before it shows you the sim cards DOES matter. Certain zip codes will bring you to the page with the ATT sim and micro sim while others will only show the T-Mobile sim. (I tested my own town and one a few towns over and the results were different interestingly enough)

Last edited:

joelisenat

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I have similar issues with Net10. Data just doesn't work most of the time, and if it does it is normally in short spurts. I have tried every apn I have found and contacted them for assistance. They eventually told me to contact my phones manufacturer.

I went out of town last week and surprisingly it seemed to work quite well. It seems to be something wrong with their network or how my sim is set up in their system. Quite frustrating and leaves me with no option other that straight to ATT for service. Contract free has been a bad experience.

zombie1991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Pretty sure that a seller can not give a buyer negative feedback. You paid money. That was your end of the obligation. Pretty sure it's been that way for a year or more now. I may be wrong though.

skafri#WN

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
For anyone looking for SIMS and micro SIMS you can get them directly (albeit a little expensively) straight from NET10: https://www.net10.com/direct/ShopSims?lang=en&app=NET10

UPDATE: I can confirm that the zip code that it prompts you to enter before it shows you the sim cards DOES matter. Certain zip codes will bring you to the page with the ATT sim and micro sim while others will only show the T-Mobile sim. (I tested my own town and one a few towns over and the results were different interestingly enough)

Can you tell me what zip you used to get at&t Sims?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

kevin2948

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
What u have to do is unlock the phone online for 7 bucks then get the tmobile sims gives u the same service but the lte speed. Sims card is 9.99 but worth it for lte.