Flashed phones for MetroPCS IN TROUBLE!!!

zangetsusx

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been hearing some rumors lately about MetroPCS being acquired by T Mobile and that because of this takeover most of MetroPCS flashed phones are not working properly. Today my mother and father in law experience this first hand when the guy that did the flashing for them called them and told them that their phones were no longer be able to get SMS or MMS.

Right now they have two EVOs that they cannot use anymore except for making calls and surfing the internet. I've heard about an app that it's able to be configured to send MMS and texts but I do not know the name of it. If anyone has the configuration for the app and the name for it I'll be happy to look into it and help my inlaws.:thumbup:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. I know u can receive texts through Google Voice, but in order to get texts to ur mobile # rather than ur GV #, ur mobile # has to be integrated with GV. Not sure if u can do this with Metro PCS.

zangetsusx

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I saw yesterday night on xda-developers forum about doing that. I'll try it and see how it goes.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums