Safe to port number to Solavei?

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have concerns about the longevity of Solavei? Would like to port to Google Voice & use the Solavei service but my area code (630) is not supported for porting to Google Voice and it looks like I'll have to port directly to Solavei. Would hate to lose my number if they were to encounter difficulties.

Thoughts?

allyrand

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I have been with Solavei since day one. Its actually T-Mobile service. So if you get good coverage with T-Mobile you will be fine with Solavei. I believe its probably the best MVNO out there right now, unlimited voice, text and data up to 4 gigs and then you get throttled, but for $49.00 a month you can't beat it. I ported over from Sprint. It took all of about 10 minutes and I was up and running. Whoever your sponsor is should be able to help you with no problems. This is a good time to sign up because you get a free sim card and a free month of service if you sign up by November 30th. If you need any help or any other questions about the service feel free to message me.

thanks

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm already signed up with an assigned number I was going to use GV with -- service has been great, night & day vs Sprint. Now that I know my area code isn't supported I'm going to have to port my number but wanted to get a reasonable idea of what the risks are with respect to losing my number should Solavei encounter difficulties. If I knew T-Mobile would be able to assist in that situation I would feel much more comfortable porting the number.

allyrand

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
As long as you have your correct account number and pin number for the account there shouldn't be an issue. Solavei has great support also, you can try calling them and ask questions about the port process, its pretty painless as long as all the info is correct.

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I guess what I meant is I know how to port my number and how the process works but was worried about the long-term prospects of Solavei and MVNOs in general and how a failure of Solavei would affect my ability to port my number out to another provider.

If I knew T-Mobile would step in should Solavei fail to provide assurance that I would not lose my number I would feel much better about things, but googling and reading stories about others losing their number either due to the MVNO terminating their contract or going under have me a bit worried.

Nick Huntington

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
No Matter if SOLVEI were to fail - or Any Carrier - Sprint - Verizon - TMobile
Your Number is YOUR Number it is a Federal law that you can PORT your number to any Carrier
So worst Case - SOLAVEI does not survive (NOT LIKELY!)
you would port your number to your new carrier - Just like you did to SOLAVEI

mr19

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
pm me if you wanna join and want to set up your Nexus 4 for solavei...

Do solavei people even read what they are replying to or do they just have an alert sent to them whenever the word solavei is mentioned so they can post their offer to help (through their url of course)?

I'm ALREADY using solavei because I feel it's priced well not so I can sell it to others.

If they go under (and that's always a possibility for any company in spite of the # of fanboys they might have), I do feel my # is in jeopardy regardless of any law out there.

Between that and the constant solavei bombardment I might just pay more directly to tmobile to not deal with the nonsense.

Last edited:

lifelivingwater

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to port out my number from Solavei to different provider, as I get too many dropped calls. And now it takes forever. I paid for new services, submitted request to port and waiting. I called my new provider and they are saying that Solavei did not respond yet. 24 hours already passed.

Airwolf79

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would just port to Google Voice so u don't have to worry about it anymore. Then u can switch providers as much as u want and not worry about porting. Not 100% sure if u can port to GV on prepaid, but I know its possible thru sprint. Its worth a shot anyway.