Did Strait Talk drop att?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
After looking around at the Strait Talk it looks like you can no longer order an att SIM card from Strait Talk? Only Tmo. Did they drop them from their service list?

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It wouldn't surprise me. MVNOs like Straight talk lease from the networks and maybe ATT become to expensive to be able to add new subscribers while keep costs to the consumer the same.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased a ST at&t sim card, standard size, from the walmart.com website for $15.00. I should receive the card this Friday.

I also just ordered a ST at&t micro-sim from a seller on ebay for $30.00. (Some people are selling the micro card as high as $250.00, which is rediculous! )

I am going to switch to ST when my at&t contract ends in September. Tmo has terrible service where I sometimes travel so an at&t sim is a requirement for me.

I also need to buy a new phone so I want to make sure I have both sizes of at&t sim cards to fit any phone.

I'd move fast if u want to find a ST at&t sim.
Good luck,
tl3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just purchased a ST at&t sim card, standard size, from the walmart.com website for $15.00. I should receive the card this Friday.

I also just ordered a ST at&t micro-sim from a seller on ebay for $30.00. (Some people are selling the micro card as high as $250.00, which is rediculous! )

I am going to switch to ST when my at&t contract ends in September. Tmo has terrible service where I sometimes travel so an at&t sim is a requirement for me.

I also need to buy a new phone so I want to make sure I have both sizes of at&t sim cards to fit any phone.

I'd move fast if u want to find a ST at&t sim.
Good luck,
tl3

Just because you have the SIM cards in your possession doesn't mean straight talk will activate them.

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks, good to know.
I guess I should start looking for a new phone. I may need to have 2 cells for a while.
Better get one of the sims activated ASAP.
Thanks again,
tl3

mmtowns

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
After looking around at the Strait Talk it looks like you can no longer order an att SIM card from Strait Talk? Only Tmo. Did they drop them from their service list?

I was wondering the same thing today when I tried to order an ATT microsim from ST. I was not able to do so through ST's site, but ended up ordering one from Wal-Mart online. Here is my conversation with ST folks via Facebook.

fb.png

chunkcohen

May 4, 2011
Visit site
It's kinda sad, because ST was really the only way to get AT&T service for cheap. T-Mo is great when you live in a metro and don't travel much (Monthly4G has been working for me just fine), but not so great otherwise.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an email in to their customer service department regarding this. I'll be sure to let you guys know what they say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

treelover3

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I purchased a ST, ATT standard sim from WM.com last Friday and I received it this past Thursday. I wanted to order a micro-sim too, but they were out online.

I checked WM.com again last night and the ATT micro-sim is back in stock. I should get the micro-sim by next Friday.
tl3

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Dear Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding
to your recent inquiry.

Straight Talk Wireless is not selling SIM cards that are compatible with
AT&T devices at this time. We will bring them back as soon as we can.
For updates on this issue, please refer to our website at
www.Straighttalk.com.

For any further questions or comments, please contact one of our
customer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience,
our representatives are available Monday ? Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45
PM EST.

Thank you for being a Straight Talk customer. We appreciate your
business.

Sincerely,

Straight Talk Wireless

Seems that email was picked from a list of auto-generated ones to me. The scary part is "as soon as we can". This is like saying "maybe" in retail. As soon as we can could be tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, or never, depending on when "they can". No straight answers from Straight Talk.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Dear Scott,

Thank you for your interest in Straight Talk Wireless. We are responding
to your recent inquiry.

Straight Talk Wireless is not selling SIM cards that are compatible with
AT&T devices at this time. We will bring them back as soon as we can.
For updates on this issue, please refer to our website at
www.Straighttalk.com.

For any further questions or comments, please contact one of our
customer care representatives at 1-888-251-8164. For your convenience,
our representatives are available Monday ? Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45
PM EST.

Thank you for being a Straight Talk customer. We appreciate your
business.

Sincerely,

Straight Talk Wireless

Seems that email was picked from a list of auto-generated ones to me. The scary part is "as soon as we can". This is like saying "maybe" in retail. As soon as we can could be tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, or never, depending on when "they can". No straight answers from Straight Talk.

Lol nice play on works my friend! I hope they continue to carry them. If not then ST may lose a good chunck of customers. Here in VT Tmo is just not an option. Unless you want EDGE only. I guess time will tell.

Also here is a link to the att micro sim card for ST. In case anyone wants one.

Straight Talk AT&T Compatible Micro SIM w/ $45 AirTime Card ($5 Savings): Cell Phones : Walmart.com

gn2moab

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Tmobile ST has only 2g where I live so I needed an AT&T compatible micro sim. I had one hell of a time ordering from Walmart. I tried ordering the micro sim/$45 aritime kit 4 times with 2 different credit cards and a giftcard, all were declined due to "problem processing credit" even though I could see that they preauthorized on my bank account.

I then finally ordered as a "guest user", ordering only the sim card with the WM gift card. That worked. Don't know what the issue was, but my sim is in the mail. Can't wait to fire up the Nexus.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Tmobile ST has only 2g where I live so I needed an AT&T compatible micro sim. I had one hell of a time ordering from Walmart. I tried ordering the micro sim/$45 aritime kit 4 times with 2 different credit cards and a giftcard, all were declined due to "problem processing credit" even though I could see that they preauthorized on my bank account.

I then finally ordered as a "guest user", ordering only the sim card with the WM gift card. That worked. Don't know what the issue was, but my sim is in the mail. Can't wait to fire up the Nexus.

Damn it that sucks! Let us know how it goes. I'm guessing Tmo signed an agreement with ST to ONLY carrier their SIMs on their web site for a short amount of time. So ST will gain att SIMs again soon I'm guessing.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Damn it that sucks! Let us know how it goes. I'm guessing Tmo signed an agreement with ST to ONLY carrier their SIMs on their web site for a short amount of time. So ST will gain att SIMs again soon I'm guessing.

Or straight talk can't afford what ATT wants to lease network capacity so their limiting and or eliminating that network as an option

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Or straight talk can't afford what ATT wants to lease network capacity so their limiting and or eliminating that network as an option

This very well could be the issue as well! Lets hope that its not.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If Straight Talk drops AT&T then I am screwed. Tmobile works fine in my area except I can't pick up a signal in the building where I work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084