Virgin Mobile Wimax Vs LTE

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
WiMax is garbage. Here are a few reasons why...

1) No one really supports it anymore outside of Clear wire. (Sprint)
2) It doesn't work well inside of buildings.
3) Current hardware that does support WiMax are now currently "years old."
4) LTE has a future. LTE will see a lot of expansion in the coming years.

With that being said...Will Sprint throttle it? After a certain amount of data it might. I dont think it currently does. However the Wimax towers wont last forever either. So its something to think about. have you thought about looking at some GSM carriers in your area? (att & tmo) Tmo has some good deals in your in a good coverage area. For prepaid Net10 and Strait talk seem to work well. Plus you could use the Nexus devices! HSPA+ is as fast as WiMax. Or it was in Boston for me when I had Sprint. Thats just what I think anyways. Take it with a grain of salt! :)

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am actually very happy with my Wimax.

I recently left T-Mobile because they had zero service where I work in Chicago. Zero.

With virgin I have full Wimax and 3g service everywhere. It's not the 22mbps I was getting on Tmobile, but the 8-9 I am getting is just fine. - Especially at 35.00 a month.. unlimited data.

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If i understand...I'm not 100% positive..

I think it depends on the device if it is... but I assume the 4g devices would be considered dynamic.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am actually very happy with my Wimax.

I recently left T-Mobile because they had zero service where I work in Chicago. Zero.

With virgin I have full Wimax and 3g service everywhere. It's not the 22mbps I was getting on Tmobile, but the 8-9 I am getting is just fine. - Especially at 35.00 a month.. unlimited data.

I've been telling people this lol. T-Mobile is garbage here for the most part in buildings

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, don't get me wrong. They have a thick coverage in Chicago... it just doesn't penetrate anything more than a typical home. But, the data speeds are great!

I couldn't believe it when I was getting faster dataspeeds than att's LTE!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan