Straight talk now offering AT&T micro and regular sims!!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but they already burned me once. I had the ATT compatible SIM on ST and they slowed me down to a crawl for data... AT&T's fault? Straight Talk's fault? Who knows, who cares?

I voted with my $ and won't go back. There are no guarantees how long the two will hold hands this time around.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
This is good news if they actually give you around 2gb of data.

Sent from my Google Play Edition HTC ONE.

But you can't use over 75meg a day or something silly like that. For the extra $10 you can go with go phone and get lte access if your area has it. And they also give you 2gigs a month.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Hiberny

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I think I'd rather use Gophone for 2 GB. I'd also try AIO when it launches nationwide. $55 for 2 GB isn't terrible, even if it's slower than Gophone.

Posted via Android Central App

embracingparadox

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I have been using straight talk on the att network for 2 and a half years now. I was using their fabulous Nokia e71 and was one of the fools who forked over the 50 bucks for an att ST Sim card on eBay for my new Samsung rugby pro. That said, its working out great. i have never had any issues with throttling. ive used over 100 mb a day many times

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The problem is ST is way to wishy washy about it's service. I wish they would come out and say what the rules are so you can tell if the service will work for you or not. Otherwise I know it works great for some people and others get shut off for using to much data. (Well they have in the past)

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
A friend of mine who's got an iPhone 4S got it unlocked and switched from AT&T to ST/AT&T, and he said his data speeds jumped up considerably from what he was used to.

I've also heard from many (pretty much on AC) that they've had issues with ST. Right now I'm in no hurry to jump ship; I'm just keeping tabs on things so I know the history and have a sense of where everyone is moving (industry-wise) when I do eventually re-evaluate staying with T-Mo or moving.

For me, one factor is cellular coverage. Where I live, it's great. Where I normally go is fine. Where I work is also fine, so long as I don't go inside the building at my job. FGCU is mediocre all over campus. Sooooooooo... not sure what I want to do.

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Great news that ST is again offering AT&T micro sims. I hope it is not temporary and it will be a regular and viable option for those who have unlocked phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX