How can they sell SIM cards so cheap?

Jon Sid

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
A SIM card on the Red Pocket site costs around $10 but there are sellers out there who are selling them for as little as 17 cents with free shipping! And this is on the Amazon website. How can they do it? Should I be suspicious of something being wrong with them, like built in tracking or web ads to my phone?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
A SIM card on the Red Pocket site costs around $10 but there are sellers out there who are selling them for as little as 17 cents with free shipping! And this is on the Amazon website. How can they do it? Should I be suspicious of something being wrong with them, like built in tracking or web ads to my phone?
I have never used a device with a SIM card and don't know much about the manufacturing part of it. But considering the cards hold a lot of information I would suggest purchasing from a reputable retailer.

jmkcc

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Like any other sales, SIM resellers earn commissions and small residuals as long as you remain a customer. Consider it a loss-leader to build a stable base of residuals.

I tried most of the GSM prepaid providers before settling on RedPocket. They provide good service, a good website and quick customer service by phone if necessary - that is huge when you are activating and reloading your sim. Had some bad experiences with others.

Also be sure you are getting a SIM card in retail package (preferably sealed).

sierrajinx9

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The Actual COST to manufacture the SIM CARD is between $.07 and $1.... So The other $9 is profit and to pay for the DEVICE they use to PROGRAM Said Sim Card.... But mostly Profit!! Which is why VERIZON Did not CHARGE me when i upgraded from a normal Simcard to an ENHANCED Sim Card to use ISIS Mobile Wallet.. they Even Paid Shipping

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams