Question about porting from AT&T prepaid to Sraight Talk

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I want to help my Mom port from AT&T prepaid to Straight Talk. I'm a bit hesitant because she doesn't want to lose her number, so I'm looking for any tips and advice. I want to get a sense of what to expect and what to do.

Is it even possible to port from one prepaid to another? If so, is there anything one can do to increase the odds of porting successfully? I am also not clear on exactly when to do it. Can you wait until the term ends of and then attempt to port, or do you need to do it mid-term because it takes time and you can only port 'active' numbers.

Last edited:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to help my Mom port from AT&T prepaid to Straight Talk. I'm a bit hesitant because she doesn't want to lose her number, so I'm looking for any tips and advice. I want to get a sense of what to expect and what to do.

Is it even possible to port from one prepaid to another? If so, is there anything one can do to increase the odds of porting successfully? I am also not clear on exactly when to do it. Can you wait until the term ends of and then attempt to port, or do you need to do it mid-term because it takes time and you can only port 'active' numbers.

Yes you can! All you will need is the account number when you switch to strait talk. It might take a few hours to complete but it should work just fine. I think the att service has to be active in order for this to work as well. So timing is everything!