Straight Talk MMS won't send!

dandrew68

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Everything works fine on my phone but when i try to send an mms message it says "generic network failure".

Im using an AT&T HTC one phone on Straight Talk.

I dont know what this means.I havent had this problem until now.My apn settings have worked fine,the lady from ST gave them to me.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Straight Talk MMS wont send!

Three things come to mind when I read this...

1) Are your APN settings correct? Blow it away and start over! (Even if it looks correct)
2) The file size you are trying to send might be to big.
3) Is your signal and data connection good? Check out a speed test app from the Play Store.

If this does not help let us know and I will come up with other work around!

madi05

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

Speed test 9.18 download 11.80 upload .son has been changed many times, before I sent phone off to Houston fit the camera reolacement and mother board it was fine send ing a picture I just took and sent via message ,it works fine fb and our email just not mesaging ,4g is always at the top like before as well ,I read on xda others with this same plague with sane specs with kit Kat with 1.56.Thank you for trying to help us

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dandrew68

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

The apn settings ive been using have done fine.Ive been downloading pictures but my gf sent me a picture and when i tried to dl it,it wouldnt let me.

I dont know what else to put in my apn settings.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

The apn settings ive been using have done fine.Ive been downloading pictures but my gf sent me a picture and when i tried to dl it,it wouldnt let me.

I dont know what else to put in my apn settings.

What SMS/MMS app are you using?

madi05

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

The one on the phone but I have tried hangouts textra and others all can't send pics just messages

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

dandrew68

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I was using the stock messages but i combined it into hangouts since i use hangouts to text my girlfriend.It still wont send them,its annoying.Im on straight talk and never had a problem until now.

tjpadgett

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy S 3 and am using the AT&T sim card through straight talk. I can get on the internet and send MMS messages fine, but I cant download the ones sent to me. I have all of my APN settings correct from what Straight Talk provided. Can anyone help me with this?!

dandrew68

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I cant send or DL so your doing better than me.Lol
As far as i know,my apn settings are right too.

Obeyy Mousiiee

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a galaxy note 2 from verizon but its unlock for simple Mobil ive had it for like 2 months and now it doesnt let me send text messages from original message thing nor from hangouts some one please help I need it to work for my job help me

imlost33

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Captivate Slider BYOP that I was using on Net10 network prior to the 27th of March. I was able to send and receive all picture messages fine, but had no 3G at my home. I switched to Straight Talk and now I have 3G at my home, but I cant receive picture messages. It gives me the option to download them & then tells me it has failed every single time. I am able to send messages perfectly fine. I have checked the APN settings several times & even started completely over & put them in again, still no change. Does anyone have any ideas?

chowdog13

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe this is still an issue. I have had this problem for 2 years now. Nothing seems to work.

smallfrys

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Also an issue intermittently on Nexus 5 with Straight Talk. Know it's ST as same phone on T-Mobile $30 plan doesn't have any problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy