Anybody using RingPlus Mobile?

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else get the BLT plan? I was able to upgrade both of my lines.

4750 minutes, 4750 SMS, 4750 MMS, and 4750 MB with 250 of each added every month until you have 6000 of each every month for free. Tethering only $1.99/month. That's insane!

gagdude

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm jealous. I tried to upgrade to that plan the other night, but upgrades "sold out" in less than a minute. I was trying to get the link to my review to get the 500MB bonus and missed out.

Oh well. I still have a line with 4000 MB and another with 2750 MB.

Actually, their voice network is a little worse than Sprint's since they route calls through their servers to insert ads in outgoing calls. It adds a little bit of latency to the call. For me, it's fine. Latency is only at about a second which I can deal with, but some people claim it's more for them and unbearable.

Can you elaborate a bit on the voice latency? Is the lag going from you to them? Is the difference really just that it sounds like their replies come later?

Thanks

John motor

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Can you elaborate a bit on the voice latency? Is the lag going from you to them? Is the difference really just that it sounds like their replies come later?

Thanks

In my experience the delay is only about 1/2 second to 1 second each way. You say something the other person hears it 1/2 second later, then they say something and you hear them 1/2 second later.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
In my experience the delay is only about 1/2 second to 1 second each way. You say something the other person hears it 1/2 second later, then they say something and you hear them 1/2 second later.

This has been my experience as well. I normally use Hangouts for calls, which seems to have about half the latency, but ½ a second really isn't an issue for me.

AndrewViolin

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
I envy everyone who could use R+. I had Sprint and had no issue. However, I want something much cheaper. I bought a Moto G4 for myself and my wife. We can't even activate our phones. It kept going into a loop saying they are being activated but failed. There was no customer support and due since the activation was going into a loop, their system couldn't detect a failed activation in order for me to file a ticket to talk to customer support. After 2 days of that and a lot of comments on their forum, I gave up and have signed up with Ting. The major downside of R+ is if you have any technical issues, you are on your own. I appreciate all the advice on the forum but if I can't activate, I think only their technical staff can help and they are known to be very slow or unresponsive. Maybe I will try R+ again in the future.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800