What is your experience on AIO that is now Cricket wireless?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Subject sorta explains it all folks! I have a few people wondering...From a CS and service stand point how do you rate these guys?

How long have you been with them?

Any billing issues?

Any speed issues?

Coverage in your are any good? (I know its att towers.)

Would you recommend them to others?

I personally would give them a shot if i was in need of a prepaid service but the girlfriend and I are keeping our postpaid service. Her parents on the other hand are in needs of something cheaper. They don't use the phones to often and only use their phones lightly. So I'm looking for quick reviews! Unless you want to write out some that long and thats fine too. Thanks for any information a head of time!
CJ

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. I have had it for about 3.5 days on a verizon galaxy note 2. Decent hpsa+ speeds and good phone signal. Actually about the same of vow in my area of NE Ohio.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

atkichr

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I like it, I was an aio user. Data speeds are the same, coverage is the same. It is nice that I can go into a store if I have issue's with my phone. I went to Tennessee over the weekend and had no issues with my phone at all. They do cap data speeds at 8mbs but that is plenty fast enough. I haven't gone over my data limit so I couldn't tell you how bad their throttled speeds are. Adding my wife on to my plan to save 10 a month at the end of her monthly plan. I will say I had straight talk before and had issues getting picture messaging or sending them some times. With aio/cricket all I did was pop in the sim card and used the att setting in my phone and.i haven't had an issue yet. I'm rocking a note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've had a mixed experience. I currently have one line that was on Aio prior to the merge, and that has been fine. There was no interruption in service and all my billing info seemed to transfer over fine. My only issue there is that the line on Aio is one for someone who doesn't live with me, so when I forgot my password it was difficult to get it reset since I didn't have access to the phone.

I had a very different experience when I tried to transfer over two other lines and create a "group plan" of the three lines. First, I was told that I couldn't go through the "Add a line" function and that I should just create two new accounts and they would merge them later. That sounded odd to me, but I assumed it was because I was porting numbers rather than adding new numbers. When I tried to sign up, the website failed at the Transfer Number section. Despite having all the fields completed it would not let me progress, giving a cryptic error message about "Input cannot be left blank." I tried to start over but it then told me that my phone number was already a Cricket number and thus could not be transferred. My credit card was also charged 6 times for the order, causing a fraud alert on my card.

I spent a great deal of time with the online chat and phone support and was ultimately told that there was no order in the system for me, but that my number was being ported to Cricket. They told me that they didn't have the authority to open a new order for me to get a SIM card, and that I would have to go into a Cricket store because my number port was going to go through and I would lose my current T-Mobile service. Unfortunately the closest Cricket store is over an hour away. I told them that it seemed ridiculous that the port would go through without a SIM being provided to me but they said it was a "new policy." I ask for a supervisor who confirmed that even though Aio didn't do it this way the new Cricket does. After continuing to argue for about fifteen minutes he finally say "Oh, I just checked, you're right, the port doesn't go through until you get the SIM card."

So now I was left with T-Mobile showing that my number was being ported to Cricket, and Cricket leaving a charge on my credit card. Cricket customer service said that they couldn't refund the charges because they didn't have an order number and they also could not cancel the port process because they did not have an order number. Ultimately I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company and T-Mobile is now showing that the port "failed" so I will be keeping my service.

I still want to switch my other two lines because of the fairly poor in-building service that T-Mobile provides, but I don't know that I want to risk going through this process again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol