Phone won't ring goes straight to voice mail

Tom Bulger

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I was having issues with my phone not ringing (LG volt) on boost network. I tried a factory reset, checked all my settings and it still would go straight to voicemail. After reading various post and I tried all the suggestions. I think I figured it out. I went to setting , more, mobile networks, under network mode and changed it from LTE/CDMA to CDMA only. This seems to have done the job. I don't know if it is carrier specific or coverage area specific but it is not a device problem. I am on android 4.4.2

ltysall

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much for posting this solution!! I have made 2 separate calls to the Virgin Mobile help desk, and they insisted that I have to contact the carriers of the people trying to contact me!!! Your post saved me the trouble of future calls and frustration!

CCam2

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
My new Amazon Fire Phone went straight to VM on Cricket. Customer service se habla espanol and was useless. I found the problem myself. For the Amazon Firephone to work on Cricket Wireless, go to Settings > Wi-Fi & Networks > Change your mobile network operator > Access Point Names. Select Cricket (in my case instead of ATT Phone). Now the phone rings just fine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol