Xfinity Mobile data questions.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I recently switched from VZW to Xfinity Mobile and Could not be happier. We were in a 4GB plan with VZW for $90/month for 2 lines.
My first XM bill was $16.00. I love it. They do piggy back on VZW network but you not paying them $20.00 per phone for network access like VZW. We brought over 2 iPhones we had from VZW. I would much rather use my Android phone. I hate iPhones.
Last week I decided to try swapping my SIM card into my favorite Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus. Works like a charm. Only issue was I forgot to deregister my phone number from iMessage and FaceTime and could not receive texts or calls from anyone not calling from an iPhone. Once I did that all works great. Now I have my Android back in my hand and saving money to boot.

RonW3

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I just put my Xfinity SIM card in my old Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and it works great. I did a Facebook Messenger chat with one of their reps. He said it would work but they can't offer support just yet if you have issues. That is supposedly coming by year's end.

themadscientist

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I just put my Xfinity SIM card in my old Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and it works great. I did a Facebook Messenger chat with one of their reps. He said it would work but they can't offer support just yet if you have issues. That is supposedly coming by year's end.

Yea when I sent off my s8 I popped my SIM in a zte cheapy for straight talk on Verizon and it worked fine. As long as they are Verizon enabled devices for the most part works out of the box

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I just switched to xfinity.I brought over my Samsung S20 ultra .I am currently on t mobile pay 100/month for phone and Ipad with xfinity I will be paying 65 per month.will see how service is.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I just switched to xfinity.I brought over my Samsung S20 ultra .I am currently on t mobile pay 100/month for phone and Ipad with xfinity I will be paying 65 per month.will see how service is.

How would you rate the service with Xfinity Mobile? I still have three phones with Verizon and two with Xfinity. I myself am currently not using an Xfinity line but my brothers report no issues. Both are heavy data users and the cap is 20 gigs/month on Xfinity. Once they breach the cap speeds are supposed to slow down but neither one of my brothers say they noticed a difference and they regularly exceed 20GB.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
My wife and granddaughter have Xfinity mobile.

Never have data issues. They bill unlimited 90.00 bucks.
She's owns the S10 plus and grand daughter uses the A50.
45 for each phone unlimited
They never never have issues 👍
My granddaughter has her own channel monitored by her father. If there was an issue it would be toast.

I've been places where they have service and my Sprint/T-Mobile stinks big time.

Update:. My T-Mobile/Sprint service has been awesome.👍
I can always go to Xfinity though. The more lines the trickier it gets with X.

Last edited:

CharlesH

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
The only difference between Xfinity Mobile and Verizon is the name of the company you send your payment to. And that phones on Xfinity Mobile are configured to also use Xfinity WiFi hot spots, which are by default generated by their residential routers. These hot spots are logically separate from the ones used by the homeowners (Xfinity hot spot users cannot access anything on the homeowner's private hot spot), and the usage does not get charged to the homeowner's data usage limit.

Reactions: winmod21

Tigrisan

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched us over to Xfinity 8 months ago. We'd been on Sprint which we'd had no issues with until we moved to a rural area. We stuck with them, but when things changed and they were merging, I decided I wanted better coverage than we'd had because it was severely lacking here, so looked around. Hub's work phone runs on Verizon and and he always seemed to have coverage. So, when I found that Xfinity did too, as much as it galls me because of their cable/internet and terrible customer service, I figured why not? No contract so if I don't like it, we're outta here. I'm paying $63 a month of 1G on one phone (hubs uses his work phone right now but we don't want to lose his personal number which he's had forever) and unlimited on my phone. The customer service is stellar compared to their cable group and the coverage is awesome. Very happy. I really wish AC would quit ignoring them when they do their write-ups. The article today on What's The Best Phone For Seniors? Totally ignored Xfinity which is reasonable at $15 a line for 1G if you don't need the unlimited data.

Reactions: winmod21

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, ignoring them (and others) simply because they don't offer a specific senior plan is short sighted. Xfinity, Spectrum Mobile, and any of the cable MVNO's that run off Verizon towers are great values for light data users, and the coverage is unbeaten.

I just wish there was more competition for their internet services. :mad:

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Switched in mid-Sept from AT&T -to- Xfinity Mobile's "3 Unlimited lines for $90/mo." plan, (as well as their 400+ mbps internet for $15/mo.), and to date their cellular network & internet have both been Skookum ! (y) 😁

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton