Anyone Switch From Xfinity and Continue Making Payments Instead of Paying Off Phone?

consultant1027

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I imagine there's very few people on here that have tried this since Xfinity Mobile is a new service (so new there's not even a sub-forum for it on here) but I'm temporarily relocating for 6 months and my new location already has TV and Internet service so I don't need Xfinity services anymore. Xfinity is using Verizon's network. I have a new Phone on Xfinity Mobile though and its on a payment plan. My understanding is if I cancel my cable and Internet I will be charged an extra $10 a month to keep my mobile phone account. I want to switch the phone to a cheaper shared family plan on another carrier. My understanding is that technically, if you switch carriers you are then responsible for paying the balance of the phone, which for me is about $900 - OUCH (yes I have an iPhone X)

I know technically the carrier can blacklist the ESN for non-payment. Here's is the question that I doubt even Xfinity Support here can answer as this is really a Billing question. If I switch carriers before canceling Xfinity service, and continue to make payments instead of paying the balance (and probably having to eat some sort of late fee) will they blacklist the phone for not paying the balance or will they consider my payments to be in good faith and not blacklist the phone's ESN?

Answer this if you know the answer from experience, not if you are just venturing a guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers