Tracfone Android Phones

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Tracfone the pay-as-you-go cell phone company now gives us pay-as-you-go Android phones with it's introduction of the Samsung Galaxy Centura and the ZTE Valet a few months ago. You can check YouTube for a comparison of the pros and cons of these two phones. I am pleased with my purchase of the ZTE Valet which runs Android 4.1.1. The Samsung Galaxy Centura runs Android 4.0. I am wondering whether Tracfone will be putting out system updates for these phones.
My guess is that these phones won't be updated at all. As I look through the forums here, it seems that system updates come from the cell phone carriers like Sprint, Verizon, etc. If Tracfone followed suit, it probably wouldn't have lead off with the Valet running Android Jellybean while the Galaxy Centura runs only Android Ice Cream Sandwich. Does anyone have any ideas or information?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's hard to say how much a device will be updated. Hopefully there's some sort of update plan for devices on these types of networks to keep phones semi-updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer