Has a reliable permanent root been found for ZTE Z665C (Valet)?

Lance Rock

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the Straight Talk ZTE Z665C running 4.1.1 and I want to root like nothing else. I NEED to tweak this phone, I'm just one of those people that are constantly tinkering, so if a way has been found can someone please point me in the right direction, because all I've managed to find is a temporary root followed by a hard reset. This didn't appeal to me so much... Anyway, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Z665C via Tapatalk. (Looking for a reliable root method. Jelly Bean 4.1.1)

jim trimm

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a ZTE Z665C through TrackFone. What is a root method? You sound like a phone techie and maybe you can help me. My phone has begun to crash and I can not get it to turn on without removing the battery, it just sits there with a green light blinking. It is fully charged and I need a solution to this. Thanks for any help.

Jason Bauer1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying myself no sucesfull yet got root app off Google play ,also doing a zip file but not yet sucesfull but it says takes 10 hours ,I'll let u know if I get

Posted via Android Central App

mclellab

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
There is an app called Proximity Sensor available on Play. Installed it, ran it and deleted it. No problem since. (2 weeks). Every day before I would get the Black screen.

I found this solution somewhere. Can't remember where but it works for me. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App

OdraSPUF

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Same boat.

I would like to root this Tracfone Valet to get rid of the bloatware that is killing the processor; the first few seconds of any video play smoothly but turn to a slideshow afterwards.

Never rooted a pre-paid phone, does it affect the service/minutes already loaded onto the device?

Eric Payne

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I've rooted my ZTE Valet but, it was tricky. First I used an program called "SafeRoot". That root is only temporary. So, I shut SafeRoot down before the last reboot and I used the "RootMyValet.apk" to push the su binary and keep root.

:cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-03-02-07-31.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-03-02-07-31.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

gamerguy2002

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, I'm looking for a friend who recently got this phone. he was wondering if this phone has been fully rooted yet? I looked around on google and it looked like this little pre-paid phone gave people allot of trouble last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol