Can a ZTE MAX phone be compatible with a wireless charging pad?

A

AC Question

My USB Port broke and I wanted to know if I can charge my phone with a wireless charging pad, if so, what brand and name? I bought insignia Qi wireless charging pad and I can't seem to get it to work.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
According to what I can find, the Max has no Qi charging pins, so the Qi receiver connects to the USB port.

Replacing the port shouldn't be that expensive - the connector is cheap, and a good tech can replace it pretty quickly.

dustalayna0207

May 10, 2016
Visit site
My USB Port broke and I wanted to know if I can charge my phone with a wireless charging pad, if so, what brand and name? I bought insignia Qi wireless charging pad and I can't seem to get it to work.

It actually isn't compatible. We found that very few are however you can go to an electronics store OR Amazon (cheaper) and order Digi Yes microUSB wireless charging receiver module. They are leas then 10.00 looks almost like the sticker they put on someone before they shock their heart.

Walt462

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Not easily since the available universal Qi receiver require the USB port to be working but if you purchase a Qi wireless receiver DIY kit and pop open the back side of the z987 and then attach the Qi receiver directly to the positive and negative terminals of the battery connector in the z987 and then attache the coil facing up to the battery using double sided tape reassemble making sure not to crimp any of the wires between the backside cover of the z987 then place the Z987 back side down on the Qi wireless charger pad you should be all set provided you connected the terminals correctly you should hear that tell tail clicking sound that you used to hear when your USB port was still working when you plug the charger in

Last edited:

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
It actually isn't compatible. We found that very few are however you can go to an electronics store OR Amazon (cheaper) and order Digi Yes microUSB wireless charging receiver module. They are leas then 10.00 looks almost like the sticker they put on someone before they shock their heart.

Micro USB? The Zmax Pro has USB c...

JR Downey

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
I just got the ZTE Z983 and was looking for different was to charge it I'm my van 2002 Ford winstar. A friend blow the fuse in it and had ������been a year and not fixed yet.

I'd like to shock the person lololo

Last edited by a moderator:

Mojoswagger1980

Jul 9, 2019
Visit site
Not easily since the available universal Qi receiver require the USB port to be working but if you purchase a Qi wireless receiver DIY kit and pop open the back side of the z987 and then attach the Qi receiver directly to the positive and negative terminals of the battery connector in the z987 and then attache the coil facing up to the battery using double sided tape reassemble making sure not to crimp any of the wires between the backside cover of the z987 then place the Z987 back side down on the Qi wireless charger pad you should be all set provided you connected the terminals correctly you should hear that tell tail clicking sound that you used to hear when your USB port was still working when you plug the charger in

Sounds plausible but kind of sketchy. wouldnt it be better to connect via the positive/negative terminals on the device where it connects? it seems like, soldering the positive negative to "shims" (small bits of non metalic metal like the mounting points on a female usb port where it connects to the bus) and then soldering these to the positive/negative outside edges so they cant short then using a quick drying adhesive to keep that coil in place. I know it sounds like alot of extra time but it would make the threat of inadvertent failure due to connection minimal and anytime anybody says connect a power source directly to a battery I cringe . u evidently have never seen one explode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech