Ok this one has us stumped.

A friend of mine switched to Cricket. She bought an AT&T GoPhone (works with AT&T per their rep) and it's the ZTE ZMAX 2. Phone seems to be working well except for the texting portion.

Randomly when she types a message, all the recipient gets is her text message broken into SINGLE letter multiple text messages. For example is she texts me "Good morning", it comes in as:
    G
    O
    O
    D
    M
    O
    R
    N
    I
    N
    G

We are stumped and Google isn't helping out on this one. Anyone ever see this kind of oddity?? Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks in advance.
    04-27-2016 07:47 AM
    Check the APN (it's not supposed to affect texting, but there could be some kind of interaction if it's still set to AT&T's settings).
    05-01-2016 03:49 AM
    Mine had this same problem. Only with headset/mic plugged in. Headsets work fine with several other Android devices. ZTE repaired it twice, but the problem persisted. They finally agreed to replace it. Now the replacement has other problems, again only with headset/mic plugged in. Auto redial last number, screen freezes and sluggish, apps opening with mute button. Good luck, I am still searching for an answer.
    11-05-2016 05:31 AM