Slide/Tap/Gesture to wake up screen on ZTE DUO MAX w/ Nova Prime

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I recently got a new ZTE DUO MAX LTE phone from Straight Talk running on Verizon. Long story short, I had a (absolutely amazing) THL 5000 running on At&t on ST that killed itself in my dog's water bowl. I LOVED the THL5000, and my AT&T service was great where I am renting to live now, but terrible- to- non-existent where I am building a house at. So I decided to transfer to VZW towers and bought a highly-recommended phone at WALMART Called the ZTE DUO MAX LTE.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to enable smart gestures-- basically on the THL5000 I could swipe up to wake up & unlock the phone, or just double tap to wake up the phone (displaying the lock screen. ) -- I have tried a million things and no joy. I even found a few posts on this very forum saying I needed to buy the NovaPrime Launcher and that would enable gestures. I spent the $5 bucks, and it does enable gestures, but only after the phone is awake and unlocked! Nothing will awaken it when the screen is off, which I highly highly prefer to pushing the power button every time. Now I don't care if I have to slide or swipe or tap, but one of them should do it, if possible. ?...

Is there anyway I can do this? If not, I want to hurry and get the app refund because I spent the money in the launcher specifically for this purpose. ... if not going to happen, I have no use for it lol. Ok any help would be very greatly appreciated!

tAKticool

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Anybody- -- ?

I guess you can't cross post, I tried posting this in the ZTE forum but it disappeared. I am thinking this is an Android 5.0 issue rather than a ZTE issue -- anything I can do here?

Thanks much, could use the help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Smart gestures are typically added by the manufacturer--they aren't a native feature of Android. Presumably, your ZTE phone doesn't have this feature.

You could try an app like KnockOn (or one of the similar apps listed in the Google Play Store), but keep in mind that adding this kind of feature to a phone that wasn't designed to do it can increase battery drain (since the phone is essentially remaining awake in order to sense your finger tapping the screen).

Another Mod may have deleted your duplicate post in the ZTE forum, since we try to avoid having multiple duplicate posts in different forums. It makes more sense for this post to be in the ZTE forum than the Lollipop forum, though, so I'll move it there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon