Why won't my data save to the SD Card?

A

AC Question

Won't Save To SD Card

I just got a android ZTE N817 and got a 32 gig SD card for it, it says that the SD card is mounted and that the save location is the SD card but it is still saving to the phone and not the SD card. Anyone got any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you seeing the Save Location information--is that in the System Settings?

What are you expecting to see saved to the SD? Don't expect apps to install directly to the SD card--they still have to download and install to Internal Storage. If the phone supports moving apps to SD, you can then select the app in Settings>Apps​ and tap Move to SD. This only moves a portion of the app, not the whole app, though.

L58

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you seeing the Save Location information--is that in the System Settings?

What are you expecting to see saved to the SD? Don't expect apps to install directly to the SD card--they still have to download and install to Internal Storage. If the phone supports moving apps to SD, you can then select the app in Settings>Apps​ and tap Move to SD. This only moves a portion of the app, not the whole app, though.

It does say that the save location is the SD card and yes it was in storage settings but no it did not give me the option to move to apps to the SD card

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like that setting is only for things like file downloads. Apps still have to be installed directly to Internal Storae.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech