ZTE Grand Max 2 stuck on Cricket screen.

A

AC Question

Hiya! My phone, an unrooted ZTE Grand Max 2 Z988 is having some trouble booting.
The phone has suffered no physical damage, so I can assure you it's not that.

I read somewhere that disabling a certain apps that come pre-downloaded might cause some issues, but I'm afraid I forget where I read that;;

For a week, I know Touchpal 2017, a default keyboard on the phone displayed ads. You would open Snapchat or something and an ad would play. Or there would be banners on top of the notification screen. Or there would be half a circle on the side of your screen, and if you pressed it, and ad would pop up. Of course being the sane human being I am, I disabled the app as much as I could (as much as an unrooted phone could, anyway). I uninstalled all the Touchpal updates and didn't let it auto-update. I don't know if this is the cause of the problem but I thought I should let you guys know anyway.

The problem is, I'll turn it on, and the ZTE and Cricket splash intros (is that what they're called?) will play, but the phone will stay stuck on the cricket screen. Before this problem occurred, the app I was using crashed. Then, the launcher I was using crashed (Nova Launcher). It would ask me to choose a default launcher and if you did, it would crash immediately after and ask again. So I rebooted the phone to try to fix the problem. Of course that only made the problem worse;;

Here's what I tried so far to fix the problem.
-Turn it on and off. I get as far as the cricket screen and that's it.
-Wiped the partition cache. From what I can tell the cache was cleared but it affected nothing. I'm still stuck on the cricket screen.
-Reboot from a bootloader. I have no idea what that means or does, but at that point I was getting desperate. It didn't do anything either;;
-Booted in safe mode. Or at least I think it's safe mode. All it shows is a gray box with the letters FTM in black times new roman. I couldn't do anything from there other than to reboot it again.

The most obvious solution is to factory reset, but there's photos and videos on there I really don't want to lose. I've tried connecting it to my PC but the PC doesn't recognize the device. If you don't know how to fix my phone, any way to recover my pictures and videos would be greatly appreciated. I tried to be as thorough as I could. If I left anything out, feel free to tell me.

Thanks!!