ZTE sapphire

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
I have this phone and it has a lot of preinstalled apps. That being said I bought and installed a memory card. Didn't fix the problem. My files and apps won't install to the memory card. I installed it as device storage. Is there anything I can do to move the installed apps and new apps to the memory card?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Apps typically have to download to and install to Internal Storage. Some phones (usually older ones) have the Move to SD feature in the Settings>Apps menu, which only moves a portion of an app to the SD card. The other possibility is if the phone supports Adoptable Storage (i.e., formatting the SD card as Internal Storage, not Portable Storage). If your phone doesn't support either of these options, then you'd have to root the phone and use an app like Link2SD or App Mgr III (and I wouldn't recommend rooting if you're a novice).

That phone has only 8 GB of internal storage, which means the amount available to the user is probably about 4-5 GB (after accounting for the OS and any bloatware). That's very small by today's standards, so a budget phone like this is really only good for very basic use. If you want to install more apps, you need a phone with 16 GB at the bare minimum, and preferably at least 32 GB.

Aaron Secor

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site
If you go to the settings menu and then select about phone all the way at the bottom and then click on the build number 7 times it will unlock the developer settings menu and then from the developer settings you can enable the option to force allow apps to install to your sd card

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
Yes I can format it as either internal or potable. I figured I wouldn't b taking it out should do it as internal. When I open the developer settings what do I do now. It says I'm a developer now what?

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
I found it!!!! I'm so happy. Do I need my ad card as external storage? It won't stay connected to the WiFi. Do u know how I can fix that?

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
I think if I turn on aggressive WiFi to cellular the will fix my WiFi drops. What do u think? Thank u so much for ur help. I'm externally grateful.

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
Hey is anyone there who is willing to help me? I really would like to learn about this stuff. I don't want to b s newbie forever. Please

Terrysue9

Dec 13, 2018
Visit site
Howdy y'all. I'm a newbie so blank slate so speak now that being said. I got a new ZTE Sapphire to replace my old ZTE Sapphire. I have taken the SD card out of the old phone and put it in the new phone. I formatted it as internal storage cause I don't plan on taking it out. Hope I did right. Being a newbie I wanted to get this phone done right so I sought the advice of someone I thought I could trust and would help me. He told me to ask u guys for help. I hope he was right. I'm a newbie so I don't know the terminology so please bare with me. I think I'm a quick learner though and I'm most eager to learn. I had a problem with the old phone the preinstalled apps was taking up my precious storage space. I'm uninstalling the ones that I can and the others I either need to disable or force stop them. Since I'm not sure what force stop does I'm not sure which one to do. When I disabled the ones on my old phone they still seemed to take up storage space. I hope that there isn't a limit to how much I can put on this. But I'm sure if there is I'll soon find out. Anyway I want to stop that from happening. I understand what the words force and stop mean in real life but in the terms of computers and apps I'm not so sure about that. I'll explain u see when I hit the force stop button a window pops up and says something like if u do this this app and other apps might misbehave or something anyway that scares me so I don't do it. But I need my space. So help me if u can please. Explain what it will do and if it will corrupt my operating system. Cause that's the last thing I want. Thanks for letting me join this awesome group and thanks for all of ur help in advance. Terrysue9