Palm Android smart phone

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I visited a Verizon store and was mesmerized by a tiny Android smart phone no longer than the length of my index finger. It was so cool. The price tag at $350 was a bit much though. It's marketed as a companion phone to your regular phone which means the Palm phone shares the same phone number as your regular phone. But I disliked that Verizon charges an extra $10 monthly to your phone bill cuz this counts as an extra line.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I visited a Verizon store and was mesmerized by a tiny Android smart phone no longer than the length of my index finger. It was so cool. The price tag at $350 was a bit much though. It's marketed as a companion phone to your regular phone which means the Palm phone shares the same phone number as your regular phone. But I disliked that Verizon charges an extra $10 monthly to your phone bill cuz this counts as an extra line.
That's crazy extra 10.00 to your bill.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
If they made a wristband for this tiny smartphone, you could slap it on your wrist as a wearable smart watch! It's very, very, very small. I took a picture of it but I can't figure out how to attach the pic through my phone.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
It can be a standalone phone now.

I thought the price dropped to $199??

https://9to5google.com/2019/04/04/palm-phone-standalone-android/

Hmm, interesting. For $199, I *might* get tempted to buy it as a standalone device, but not for $349 plus $10 extra monthly fee for an additional line per the Verizon sales rep.

Attached is a picture of the phone I took at the Verizon store. The thing is barely the length of my index finger, plus thin too.

Attachments

• Palm phone pic.jpg
    Palm phone pic.jpg
    454.1 KB · Views: 18

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm totally getting one.... Once the price drops right down. As a long distance runner who spends a lot of time out in the wilderness I HAVE to take my phone with me on longer runs just in case and I use a waist belt that takes a large phone no issue and for shorter runs I just rely on my Garmin Fenix 5 Plus for bluetooth music. A tiny smartphone like the Palm would easily fit in one of my small shorts pockets and barely be noticed.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm totally getting one.... Once the price drops right down. As a long distance runner who spends a lot of time out in the wilderness I HAVE to take my phone with me on longer runs just in case and I use a waist belt that takes a large phone no issue and for shorter runs I just rely on my Garmin Fenix 5 Plus for bluetooth music. A tiny smartphone like the Palm would easily fit in one of my small shorts pockets and barely be noticed.

If or when this Palm phone goes out of business, I might buy one for the clearance price. When the Palm Treo and Palm Pre phones were discontinued over a decade ago, deals could be had everywhere.

Nguyen1

Aug 23, 2020
Visit site
Hey, a Blackberry fan!
I bought the Palm last summer for $80. Used it on and off, now using it again as my primary phone. I save my surfing for my ipad or an actual desktop, so the palm can easily last me 2+ days between charge. And charging only takes about an hour. It is obviously not the right phone for most people, but for me, I love it.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got one for $85 on eBay. Would never use it as my primary phone since battery life is terrible when you try to use it like a regular smartphone. It's also weird/awkward trying to text a sentence or paragraph. Still happy with the purchase since it was cheap and perfect for just listening to YouTube Music and podcasts while running, biking or hiking.

asuckerfor4ndr01d

Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
Re: Palm Android smart phone (Any information about the 'Palm Series 2'?)

I'm also thinking about getting one. But, is anyone know about this 'Palm Series 2' on Vodafone UK page? I visited the Vodafone UK's Facebook earlier today and showing this preorder post. I clicked it and going to the landing page and ended up on broken page as well as after I reloaded to its page for couple times, it has been removed.

119513520_10157764896279485_5840617035655712540_o.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.18.59.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 10.19.25.jpg

Moreover, I believe it's an upcoming or Vodafone only version (it does look more compact than the 2018 one) since I couldn't find any other information regarding this phone even on its own website. Please let me know if you have more informations about this newest version, since I kinda need a secondary phone and thinking about the Palm (I wouldn't mind with the first one, but it seems the 2nd version is launching soon). Thank you!

Last edited:

George McAvoy

Sep 17, 2020
Visit site
Re: Palm Android smart phone (Any information about the 'Palm Series 2'?)

I'm also thinking about getting one. But, is anyone know about this 'Palm Series 2' on Vodafone UK page? I visited the Vodafone UK's Facebook earlier today and showing this preorder post. I clicked it and going to the landing page and ended up on broken page as well as after I reloaded to its page for couple times, it has been removed.

View attachment 326565
View attachment 326571
View attachment 326567

Moreover, I believe it's an upcoming or Vodafone only version (it does look more compact than the 2018 one) since I couldn't find any other information regarding this phone even on its own website. Please let me know if you have more informations about this newest version, since I kinda need a secondary phone and thinking about the Palm (I wouldn't mind with the first one, but it seems the 2nd version is launching soon). Thank you!

Hello, there! I found this one too on AMAZON and if you're lookin' for the specs, these might be stated some. I would def order and exchange with my current PALM!

Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 22.38.29.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood