An unexpected love

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It has been years since I've been so excited to have a new phone! It has been longer still, since that excitement has continued on, without pause, for an entire week. I love absolutely everything about this phone... I moved from an 12 GB, 1TB S10+, so there have been trade-offs, I for sure... But so far, they have all been worth it.

Let me know if you have any questions.

RSCOLO

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting one for my primary phone on T-Mobile. But I don't want to be a guinea pig. I looked at one at my local Verizon store and loved it. I tried typing on it and looked at Google Maps a bit. I've read about the battery issues but given my very limited use I don't think it would be a problem. Just have to charge every night instead of every 2-3 days. But I want to hear more online from actual users. I know it has only been out a few months (unlocked). But other than 13 comments on the Verizon site there is very little out there.

It looks like you have had one for a bit over a week now. What carrier do you use? How is it as a phone? Good reception? Any issues yet?

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm also on T-Mobile. Reception is pretty good, battery life doesn't tend to be an issue for me because I always have a charger around. I had one or two times where it dropped a call because it randomly switched to airplane mode, but then switched itself back. I ended up initiating the return process for it... Mainly because of an oddity that I cannot justify and my inability to understand puts my defenses up. Mine had a messed up call log... It wouldn't record all incoming or outgoing calls, but when it did, it identified them as missed calls instead, and wouldn't show me any call details (e.g., call duration)... I reset the phone, cleared cash and data, removed and reinstalled the SIM but nothing fixed it... Just made me too cautious about what other unknown quirks existed. Plus having spent what I did for the S10+... I decided to return it... And it breaks my heart.

There's lag to it. Nothing is instantaneous, but it should be expected. It's a great phone, and I hope that they learn and refine and rerelease another... Though I know they won't.

Good luck! I can tell you if you're excited about the phone you will love it... You'll just have to decide for yourself if that is enough.

RSCOLO

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for the response. The problems you describe would be too great for me. But I am encouraged by the thought that everything you describe should be able to be fixed with a SW patch. I just wish there were more comments online from people talking about how their experience with the phone is going. E.g.: after the latest patch such-an-such a problem seems to be fixed. Of course a little more from Palm about issues and fixes would be nice too. But I doubt that will be coming. As much as I love the concept, I am not going to jump until I hear more encouraging evidence that the phone is a solid device.

420jesusfreak

Oct 25, 2019
Visit site
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your Palm scoty024. I've got to say, I'm loving mine too. I have found that I'm a lot more intentional with my phone use (largely because of the battery and screen size). I've still always got my headphones in, but I'm not wasting time staring at my screen every spare moment of the day. I'm using the Verizon model, which sadly doesn't seem to work with 4G here in Australia, so I'm limited to 3G which sucks.

Have you by any chance found any USB C to 3.5mm converters that work with the Palm?
@RSCOLO - Yes, the lag has been fixed with the latest update. 🙂

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2