Turn off 'No Sim Found' Notification on Android 8.1

Brian Holloway Jr

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
I have the Palm phone running android 8.1 and I can't get rid of the 'No Sim Found' notification when I swipe down and see all my notifications. I long press to go into the setting of the notification and I turn everything off that I'm able to but it's still there. Please help it's driving me crazy!

Thanks!

- Brian

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you're using it as a wi-fi only device, then see what happens if you turn on Airplane Mode (and then turn wi-fi back on).

Brian Holloway Jr

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
Hi there,

I do not have a sim card in my device and I'd like for it to stop asking for one. I intend to use it only for wifi purposes and when I put it in airplane mode and then turn the wifi back on, nothing changes. Any other suggestions?

thanks!

- Brian

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
there are apps in the play store that can turn off specific notifications, otherwise, I think the only other way is to root the phone then make changes to the system files.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi there,

I do not have a sim card in my device and I'd like for it to stop asking for one. I intend to use it only for wifi purposes and when I put it in airplane mode and then turn the wifi back on, nothing changes. Any other suggestions?

thanks!

- Brian
On a palm phone I'm not sure ,I know Samsung you can buy package disabler to do this .

Brian Holloway Jr

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
How do you root the phone and change the file systems? Would you happen to have a link to show how? I'm not much of an android-knowhow but I'm decent at following directions if there's any!

Brian Holloway Jr

Nov 18, 2019
Visit site
Also while we're here, is there a way to turn off the notification noise when the battery reaches 100%? It's not in the settings and I can't change anything or stop the system tool kit through the phone alone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
How do you root the phone and change the file systems? Would you happen to have a link to show how? I'm not much of an android-knowhow but I'm decent at following directions if there's any!
IF you can unlock the bootloader (in Developer Options, then using ADB to run

adb reboot bootloader

then fastboot to run

fastboot flashing unlock or fastboot oem unlock)

you can install Magisk and the phone will be rooted. (You also have to install the Magisk .apk at the same site.)

But I haven't been able to find anything about any variant of TWRP for any Palm phone, so you might be out of luck. (DON'T use any of the "one-click" root programs. They leave a lot of garbage in the phone, and sometimes, even brick the phone (turn it into a brick - from which there's no recovery).