Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Being a big sports and concert fan I thought this would be a cool idea! Join in and post yours!

"the Horseshoe" - Ohio State University. (Against Cal, 2012)

Quicken Loans Arena - Aerosmith, 2012
    07-06-2013 12:42 PM
    Great shots!
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-06-2013 03:06 PM
    Here's one from a Mariners game at Safeco Field last week.

bp3dots likes this.
    07-06-2013 07:00 PM
    Can any of you guys give me any tips on taking panos? I've been frustrated. I've tried several times to take a pano at a Boston Bruins game and it always comes out with some odd lighting issue. I'm wondering if the issue is actually a lighting issue at the Garden, something I could be doing differently, or maybe even the phone. I've tried it with a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 4. I just bought a HTC One last week so I'll try it next week when I'm at the Garden.

I'll see if I can upload an example later.
    bp3dots likes this.
    07-07-2013 12:37 AM
    Can any of you guys give me any tips on taking panos? I've been frustrated. I've tried several times to take a pano at a Boston Bruins game and it always comes out with some odd lighting issue. I'm wondering if the issue is actually a lighting issue at the Garden, something I could be doing differently, or maybe even the phone. I've tried it with a Galaxy Nexus and a Nexus 4. I just bought a HTC One last week so I'll try it next week when I'm at the Garden.

I'll see if I can upload an example later.
    I do it by holding the phone pretty still, and rotating it like its on a tripod. (read that tip somewhere) As for the lighting, I have no clue. Hopefully someone can suggest ideas!
    07-07-2013 01:42 AM
    The AOSP Camera app could still use some improvements in handling lighting. The issue is that as you take a Photosphere or panorama, the phone takes multiple shots to be stitched together. As it does this, it changes the exposure of each shot. This leads to artifacts, rather abrupt shifts in light levels, and poor stitching in some of the resulting compositions.

Those who know the finer points about photography know there are different ways of handling exposure (ISO level, aperture diameter (f-stop), and shutter speed being the primary three). Typically, changing the shutter speed allows for the most granular changes in exposure, followed by ISO level and then aperture setting. Depending on how the smartphone camera is changing the exposure level, the 'minimum change' in exposure may still be enough to cause a substantial change in brightness. I can't pretend to say that I know exactly how the code behind Photosphere works, but I have my ideas. The ideal way for it to work would be for the software to capture the images in RAW format, and adjust the data later on to account for smooth exposure changes. For all I know, that's what's going on behind the scenes already, and it just needs some fine-tuning.
    07-07-2013 02:19 AM
    I do it by holding the phone pretty still, and rotating it like its on a tripod. (read that tip somewhere) As for the lighting, I have no clue. Hopefully someone can suggest ideas!
    I tend to move the phone around my body so I'll have to pay more attention to that.

The AOSP Camera app could still use some improvements in handling lighting. The issue is that as you take a Photosphere or panorama, the phone takes multiple shots to be stitched together. As it does this, it changes the exposure of each shot. This leads to artifacts, rather abrupt shifts in light levels, and poor stitching in some of the resulting compositions.

Those who know the finer points about photography know there are different ways of handling exposure (ISO level, aperture diameter (f-stop), and shutter speed being the primary three). Typically, changing the shutter speed allows for the most granular changes in exposure, followed by ISO level and then aperture setting. Depending on how the smartphone camera is changing the exposure level, the 'minimum change' in exposure may still be enough to cause a substantial change in brightness. I can't pretend to say that I know exactly how the code behind Photosphere works, but I have my ideas. The ideal way for it to work would be for the software to capture the images in RAW format, and adjust the data later on to account for smooth exposure changes. For all I know, that's what's going on behind the scenes already, and it just needs some fine-tuning.
    Exposure may just be the problem. Will be interesting to see how the HTC One camera fares next week.

Thanks guys.
    07-07-2013 09:35 AM
    Well, I don't know if it was the HTC One's camera that did the trick or the tips above, but here is the view from my seats for the Boston Bruins

bp3dots and skinneejay like this.
    07-11-2013 06:55 PM
    Heinz Field 24 Aug 2013
    Attached Thumbnails Stadium Panoramas!-pano_20130824_180259.jpg   Stadium Panoramas!-pano_20130824_200001.jpg  
    bp3dots likes this.
    08-25-2013 08:46 PM
    Great stadium pictures! It's been a long time since I've been to a professional sports game...seeing these images makes me want to see something soon!
    08-30-2013 07:31 PM
    Great stadium pictures! It's been a long time since I've been to a professional sports game...seeing these images makes me want to see something soon!
    Me too. I will post one tomorrow of the Arkansas Razorbacks Stadium.

Posted via Android Central App
    srkmagnus and bp3dots like this.
    08-30-2013 07:58 PM
    [pano]https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?pid=5936153276402976370&oid=102256106687520699594[/pano]
    10-20-2013 09:42 PM
    You got some massive stadiums in the States!
    06-02-2015 02:17 PM